what do your partners think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maeistero

New
Reaction score
my fiance doesn't like me diving with females, yet i won't dive with a male buddy. weird, but i'm sure someone else has the same conundrum. she won't get certified and i love to dive. i'm not comfortable to do the diving practices with a guy, actually i would not be comfortable with her doing it either. :no

so what do you do? i always make sure my partner and i are similar size and ability.

i'm a guy btw, so she's understandably upset about me being that close to someone.

I understand your problem, I won't see a male doctor. Either your a player or she's overly jealous. If your a player, you should respect her wish and dive with men, if she's overly jealous she needs to get over her fear and dive with you to protect her man. Only you know for sure if your a player or not. Since your already certified, so it seems, unless your partner has a problem its just spending time in PROXIMITY to another man, and do you mean to tell me that even if I wasn't your dive buddy if I came up to you and signaled OOA you wouldn't hand over your octo? Come on, dive with the boys, were harmless for the most part, 'lessin you start touchin on us.

A diving buddy is not like taking a shower in the locker room with the men after wresling practice. The worst that can happen is you share air. Kind of like passing the...I better not go there.

i'm not sure i understand the problem

H2Andy:
i'm not sure i understand the problem

I guess that means he is a player..............

Thats why my g/f got certified with me :eyebrow:

Why won't you dive with a male buddy? That seems odd. That rules out about 80% of the other divers . . .

I've worried about this issue. I'm female, and almost all of my dive buddies are men. My husband has been very patient about listening to me say, "Sorry, sweetheart, I won't be home for dinner because I'm diving with Kirk. Or Bob. Or Doug. Or . . . " My main dive buddy is married, and I worry a great deal about what his wife thinks about him disappearing to spend a whole day diving with a woman, although he says it's not a problem.

People who don't dive, don't understand what a genderless sport this really is. Wrapped in neoprene, trilaminate and Thinsulate, covered with a hood and mask and blue gloves, and dripping snot when you come to the surface -- Come on, where's the romantic potential in THAT?

Well there IS the 40 foot club. And some women DO look good no matter what their wrapped in, so.....NAH forget it the snot factor throws everything out the window.

TSandM:
........I worry a great deal about what his wife thinks about him disappearing to spend a whole day diving with a woman, although he says it's not a problem....
bingo, this is why i wont allow (yes, allow) hubby to have a regular female dive buddy but he can dive with all the guys he can.... only because " Wrapped in neoprene, trilaminate and Thinsulate, covered with a hood and mask and blue gloves, and dripping snot when you come to the surface".,.... he does find this attractive :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom