what do your partners think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
People who don't dive, don't understand what a genderless sport this really is. Wrapped in neoprene, trilaminate and Thinsulate, covered with a hood and mask and blue gloves, and dripping snot when you come to the surface -- Come on, where's the romantic potential in THAT?

Geez... that sounds highly romantic to me! I can't imagine being with a woman who DIDN'T fit that description (tee hee).

My wife got certified, but isn't an avid diver. She understands my desire to dive is about diving, not about spending 45 minutes with a buddy when no one will see us. She's a bit jealous of all the time I want to spend with the other love of my life (the ocean), but not of dive buddies, male or female.

I don't get the part about refusing to dive with male buddies though... that strikes me as very odd. It doesn't make any sense to me, unless you are either more focused on the female companionship than the diving, or extremely homophobic. If I was your girlfriend, I wouldn't like it either.

Geez... that sounds highly romantic to me! I can't imagine being with a woman who DIDN'T fit that description (tee hee).

Good! When Peter finally throws me out because I've bought the piece of gear that broke the camel's back, I know who to call :)

This IS bizarre...I dont get it?:11:
Male,female,young,old,...who cares? Ill dive with anybody as long as they are safe and competent? Isnt that whats important?!!!:confused:

fabasard:
Respectfully, Almightywife, you should not be concerned.......
i dont have any concerns about my hubby.... trust me, 1, he isnt a player and 2, even IF someone was to come on to him and he was to figure it out... i know he would run home and lock the doors so fast your head would spin

as TS&M touched on it earlier... my issue is having to hear the "Jane i did this"..."Mary then said".... "will be late because Sibohan and I". i dont need to hear this in my own home when he & i should be spending time and and making memories together

my main problem is that i have very little faith in my fellow womankind and i dont trust them not to go after my man if they spend enough time with him and reliease truely what a nice guy he is

but saying all of this - he has no problem with my rule... he happily has lots of male buddies, i dive plus he has had many female students over the years.... even the 8 bikini models were ok, as a ow class only

cheers

maeistero:
my fiance doesn't like me diving with females, yet i won't dive with a male buddy.

this is what i don't understand

why won't maeistero dive with male buddies?

i'm not crazy about his g/f not wanting him to dive with girls ... but at least i can follow that train of thought

almitywife:
my main problem is that i have very little faith in my fellow womankind and i dont trust them not to go after my man if they spend enough time with him and reliease truely what a nice guy he is

This is such a female thing to say. If you trust him you trust him. It has nothing to do about what the other woman does. Either he will or he won't.

I met a great women on this board who I am going diving with her and her boyfriend. My wife is comming and she doesnt care if she did she would tell me. I don't understand why Maeistero won't dive with guys either. I havent seen him repost yet.

I am going with some new friends in a couple weeks. My b/f just said, don't go falling in love with a dive buddy. He was kidding of course! He is more jealous that he won't be able to make it. I don't do the jealousy thing well!

Back
Top Bottom