what do your partners think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I know, like Bill, I too have certain friends who trouble follows. They are exciting and difficult to resist, but you know when you are with them you have a good chance of having trouble.

People that are perfectly normal until they drink too much fall into that category.

I don't want my partner to be around heavy drinkers, male or female because they cannot be trusted. One or two or three? Fine..but if you cannot stop..you are off my list. Cannot be bothered with the chaos.

ArcticDiver:
After thinking about it for awhile I'm still not sure the original post wasn't a troll. In any case it still leaves me wondering just what the issue is.

But, Country Music Song analogies aside, this quote also left me confused. In my world it would be looked at as somewhat quaint, and maybe even chauvinistic, for a guy to get into a bar fight like this. After all she is the one who took her clothes off, for whatever motive and reason.

I don't mean to insult. I just want to understand some behaviour I thought was long dead and buried.
Off topic but quaint would be nice since there are many people (both men and women) who won’t take no for an answer and won’t leave someone alone when asked politely. Regardless of what a woman is doing with her friends at a bar it does not give a guy the right to rudely invite himself into the group and attempt to physically separate the lady from her friends against her wishes – but in many tourist areas frequented by foreign nationals it happens more than most are aware. There are just too many egotistical jerks on the planet today as I’ve even had gals step up between my wife and I at a bar and start talking to me (and worse) and tell me that I should join her – even after I explained to her my wife probably wouldn’t like that idea.

I think it's interesting to hear about the kind of person you don't want your partner around.

I agree with Darnold.....It's not that person's job to keep your relationship together - it's your job and your partner's job!

I admit I'm in what seems to be a small minority. I don't think that getting married just to keep that person from being attracted to someone else (or even sleeping with someone else) is a good reason for getting hitched. I believe it is an exercise in futility. I'm not condoning infidelity! Believe me, I personally know how much that sucks. :) But I believe that relationships are about love, partnership, mutual respect, and trust, not an attempt to control another person.

It's my job to find somebody I trust, and then our job to keep the relationship together. Not some outside influence.

I just don't understand this guy that "has to dive with women." Seems pretty darn ridiculous to me (no offense to women intended). I'll dive with whomever...

CN

I dive and my husband doesnt, 99.9% of my dive buddies are men. Not through choice but logistics.

My husbands take on this, "They take you diving on purpose? And bring you back? God bless em" He even gets up at 5am to load my tanks in the car for me before a boat dive.

When I go to the dive shop he is more concerned that I will pick up a piece of dive equipment than a man. He trusts me with other men just not with VISA

Our relationship is about us. Time apart gives us something new to talk about when together and makes us happy for the time we do spend together.

As a woman I dont need the "attention" of my dive buddies. I draw enough attention just struggling to get my gear on and in the water. They find it quite amusing and honestly I find they treat me like one of the guys not Lady Madiver. They tease me, yank me along with them and have expectations of me.

I think (although I have never met them) Catherine and Lynne have it right, some respect, some humor, and a little self control go a long way in relationships

I've only dove with other guys...except, in my OW cert class, the only other two people were girls. One was married, the other was the married gal's younger sister. I had to buddy up with the younger sister for much of the class, I didn't care. If it annoyed me, it was only because I had read ahead and was much more comfortable not only witht he skills, but also just being in the water.

I don't care whom I dive with, as long as the person is nice and cool and stuff, I don't like to dive with jerks. I've got a good friend who is a professional ballet dancer, and I know that she is dancing with alot of guys. Alot of them. And they are wearing clothes that are as tight as a wetsuit, but not as thick. And there is no shrinking, so you can definitetly tell the guys and girls apart. Oh, and they dance close. Not to mention, there are many lifts and things where they get to have their hands all over her, if I had my hands there, I'd get slapped! We are kind of good friend, and we have talked, and I'm fine with what she does dancing, becuase it's professional ballet. If it was erotic dancing in a club, I might object :) I don't think she would object to me diving with other females, but if she were along, say it was a beach dive, then she'd expect me to spend SI's with her, not with the other ladies. She'd expect that if I were diving with a guy too. She'd expect it if I were diving solo. She'd expect it if I weren't diving.

I don't think it'd be right for either of us tell the other "ok, here's a list of rules for you to follow." Rules are only there to oppress our inner "evil twin." Instead of rules, we do have spoken and unspoken agreements. That's what we need, and that's what I think Almitywife has, even though it sounds like she wrote ten commandments for her husband to follow. As long as the spoken and unspoken agreements ar efollowed, no one is upset, no one is hurt, no need for rules that just make you miserable trying to make sure you always have a dive buddy of the same gender.

My husbands take on this, "They take you diving on purpose? And bring you back? God bless em" He even gets up at 5am to load my tanks in the car for me before a boat dive.

When I go to the dive shop he is more concerned that I will pick up a piece of dive equipment than a man. He trusts me with other men just not with VISA

he he... very cute.

I think if somebody else's man is diving with you, sometimes you have to be sensitive to that. Most of my men friends are "late when we hit the dock" on the weekends.

and let's face it..most wives are okay with the husbands diving, but then they prefer that they "get on home" as opposed to having some food and beers.

Im confused as to why he won't dive with men....sounds odd, My husband would jump at the chance to dive with anyone man or women (and so would every other diver I know). We prefer to dive together but if I can't go why shouldn't he be able to?

I think it's weird that this was the only post by the oP and he apparently has not been on since. Either he's a player looking for something to show his girl "hey it's ok" or he's a troll. That and his english is not so good or he has me confused with just what "diving practices" will he do or not do with a guy? Me, I'll dive with anyone who is not a stroke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom