What do you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Peter,

For me a Bad day of Diving *is* a GOOD day of work!

Of the three main things I get paid to do, my prefered order is;

1. Diving! Actually the diving is just to get to the work site but heck, it is still nicer in the water than in the hot sun.

2. Electronics repair.

3. Concrete pumping. Hot, dirty, picky, work with lots of things that can go wrong. Usually done right out in the hot sun and high humidity.
Although pumping concrete underwater is not so bad except for the added work cleaning the grout from my wet suit. :D

michael

My job:
Teacher of HS math-many different areas.
I also work with the school's marching band /color guard.
Mike

I guess if they let you snaps in, I can come too! :tease:

I own NetDoc Inc and do as little as possible. I was informed by my first client that a consultant does not fix problems, they only recommend fixes for problems. My clients think I know something about Networks and communications. I spend most of my time hiding the truth from them. Before this, I put in 30 years in the automotive field and still am an ASE Master Certified Auto Technician. While I still know far more about the automotive world, I found little respect and even less money in that arena. Now, I walk into a place where they don't even know me and they call me "guru". I like that.

For fun, I am a BSA Venture Crew leader, an assistant Scoutmaster, do a lot of volunteer work for the BSA council and district, and even help teach a SCUBA class or two for the local camp.

Originally posted by NetDoc
I own NetDoc Inc and do as little as possible. I was informed by my first client that a consultant does not fix problems, they only recommend fixes for problems. My clients think I know something about Networks and communications. I spend most of my time hiding the truth from them. Before this, I put in 30 years in the automotive field and still am an ASE Master Certified Auto Technician. While I still know far more about the automotive world, I found little respect and even less money in that arena. Now, I walk into a place where they don't even know me and they call me "guru". I like that.

For fun, I am a BSA Venture Crew leader, an assistant Scoutmaster, do a lot of volunteer work for the BSA council and district, and even help teach a SCUBA class or two for the local camp.

yes but can you tie your own shoes?

I'm "The Computer Guy" (Just like Saturday Night Live) at a University. I have previous experience in Public Administration and Human Resources. I mention this because I'm flexible. Something nearer the sun and the water would be nice. :) Any good ideas? Please!! :(

(Ok, the begging thing is getting pathetic.)

I was just starting to get over another mid life crisis and this comes along. You all have such interesting lives. My work seems a little boring. (Read another crisis coming on.) S'a good thang I gots kids (Idaho slang that) ta keep ma life interestin. :fork:

(Cougar! You need to get off the caffine and relax a little. Whew, what a list!) :tease:

I'm a retired Pharmacy Technician. Retired as in I just don't work anymore versus retired as in I get a monthly check! I worked in this field for over 20 years. The pharmacy I worked for was one of the last privately owned old fashioned drug stores in the Houston area. When the owner became ill and decided to close the store I decided to enjoy a little time off. I realized that the only thing I missed was my customers and most of those I see in town every week anyway. I did not miss the hassles with insurance companies, government regulations and rude doctors and their staff. Beast offered me a job I couldn't resist...dive planner and facilitator. Best job I ever had although the pay scale is a bit low!

I also am a quilter and used to own my own quilt shop. I now sort of have a cottage industry business making Dee-Rags.

scuba instructor, dive shop owner, dive charter and dive travel operator. low pay but lots of diving.

Back
Top Bottom