What do you do besides Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I play, ref, and announce ice hockey. (not to mention watching it, travelling to see games, and running websites about it). Good to see I'm not the only ref on the boards (USAH Level 2, in case anyone cared)

I'm also a computer geek (currently teaching myself PHP), a sports analyst with the campus tv station, a drummer (does anyone know anything about electronic drum sets?), and I bowl (not competitively) and play raquetball (again, not competitively)

Other stuff...Surfing, hanging at the beach, surfing the net...trying not to get stressed out by wife (rum works good)

I mountain bike, waterski, wakeboard, play some golf, and sail a lot(kinda helps that its my job), I also fish and boat as much as possible.

With busy work schedule it is difficult to do too many activities. But I live near several ski resorts, so do that as much as possible in the winter. Summer time I bike and and hike in the mountains, camp, fish, hunt. Try to hit the gym about 5 days a week.

I've just gotten into diving so I can't predict what effects, if any, it will have on my hobbies. Over here in western Japan I am blessed with lots of mountain ranges, so i snowboard in the winter and backpack in the summer. On a daily basis I swim, play squash and I am currently training for either a 10K or a half marathon, i have not yet decicded. I also travel quite bit and so far have successfully combine that with my diving. My next trip is a week liveaboard out of Phuket (Similan and Richelieu).

Motorcycle riding (sportbike and sport touring) Fishing and wearing in a low spot in my new sofa.

I do desert adventure activities like dune bashing, wadis/oasis explore..of course you can't go alone..at least 2-3 other vehicles, so easy to tow if you stuck in the sand. And camping too..not in the summer too hot, the temperature might reach 50 degrees centigrade!

Flying. My Wife and I bought a Cessna a bit ago and we enjoy flying to weekend destinations. I've yet to fly to a dive site yet though, not willing to risk deco sickness. Also enjoy basic woodworking although I'm not that good at it (carpentry) and could easily screw up the moving parts of a bowling ball.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom