What did you learn from your very last dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That buoyancy is an art and that I haven't even come close to perfecting it, and that January and Cozumel is still 3 months off....

That my wife is becoming a pretty decent navigator.

I learned that I can wear and dive my husband's Fusion just fine. In fact, I kind of even like it better than mine, because I can stuff my undergarment into the legs and arms easier.

I learned that dry suit hoses that really didn't want to snap into place on the valve are likely to come off during the dive.

I learned that a prolonged swim while sharing gas on a 5' hose is a PITA, and that I can EASILY reach and manipulate the valve on my single tank while wearing a Fusion.

I learned that diving is diving, and it's fun, whether it's in 80 degree, clear water in the South Pacific, or cold, green water in Seattle.

I learned that diving with a new adjustable regulator is not as simple as I wanted it to be. I did get the setting I wanted but it took a little while. It also took a little while to get use to it and it affected a few other things.

Second dive went much smoother. I also learned that there are green Sea Turtles in La Jolla.

lesson learned. Check equipment before each dive. Had a hole in my wing from a dive accident. I should have checked ALL equipment prior to diving. I'm pretty sure I put a crush hole in the wing and bladder earlier this year and didn't discover it until diving ( or trying to ) at Gilboa last weekend.

...that you really can dive with a dry suit and stay dry!

...that even though you have enough weight in the beginning of a drysuit dive, if you're diving with an AL80 you probably don't have enough weight at the end of the dive.

...that I'd really like to have my own drysuit, but that'll destroy my hard-earned reputation as a warm-water-only diver.

A Canon 400D, in an ike housing, with 2 8 inch arms and 2 Inon strobes, set up for wide angle hots will NOT fit easily through a WW2 wreck.

The LED focus light on an Inon Z240, however, is brighter than Intova3w LED, the Greenforce Luxeon Star LED light.. or, anyone elses dive light that was on the wreck, for that matter.

Z...

I learned that my first priority is not to go through 1500 psi in 7 minutes, at 100 feet.

That 50 degree water is only a wrist seal away from giving me the shivers.

As a newbie diver every dive is a learning experience but...........

I learned that a hood & gloves are great investments in 47 degree water and that deploying a SMB is much easier with 2 pairs of hands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom