What did you learn from your very last dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pee collects in my boots with this new wetsuit I wear... got to unzip the boots, pull back the inner seal and drain it out after each dive.... So what I really learned is this suit to boot inner seal works wonderfully! Keeps the feet toasty.

that my buddy is a keeper.

I learned that it doesn't take much looking away from your compass to throw you off enough to miss the object you are looking for when vis is less than 5 feet. I also learned that I need to get a much better idea of how much distance I cover when finning because keeping going the long way in the quary when you miss your target means a long swim back too.

I learned that using a camera and keeping your buoyancy is not as easy as you would think. I went out to practice with my instructors Advanced class and he let me use his camera during the dive to take pics. I jumped at the chance and got a new respect for any who take pics under the water.

I also learned that I will need to get a prescription for my mask. I got some real nice shots but those are accidental as I tried to center the blur in the frame.

I learned my primary mask leaks like crazy, and my backup was painful to use. Also how to carry and rig an AL40 pony full of O2.

It's my "I can't afford (or justify spending the money for) a can light" primary :wink:

got it :p

I wasn't sure if that was a typo, since I think the Rat is marketed as a backup specifically.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom