what can a rec diver learn from tech realm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHobster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
to rephrase Lynne's question - leaving the sometimes contentious "DIR" word, what can the recreational diver learn from the tech world - I have my suspicions and gave a talk to our club on it but would LOVE to hear other ideas as well

Not sure exactly what specificly we can learn but anything we can learn from diffrent areas or specialties only helps us in becoming better divers in all areas .

Better gas planning
Situational awareness

Randy

accurate gas management for starters.....

I have found that situational awareness, gas management and definetly improved buddy skills are areas that tech diving can benefit a rec diver.

Another vote for gas management.

I suspect that if you ask most divers what there pressure will be after doing 60 feet for 30 minutes they wont have a clue.

Situational awareness/buddy awareness.... where are you? Where should you be in relation to your buddy... how much more gas do you have.. where is the boat/dock

well after learning what a tech diver is, I learned I do not wanna be one.

Sometimes one can learn how not to dive. For example:

These people have so much crap on that someone is literally having to drag them out of the water because they're too heavy to do it themselves.
IMG_8027.jpg

Another example of being so heavy that you can't get out by yourself.
IMG_8005.jpg

6 tanks on your back?!
IMG_8031.jpg

What the heck is this?!
IMG_7993.jpg

Yet another "What the heck?!" All these on someone's back? What the heck are all those connections?! Specifically look at the tank on the very left. ?!?!?!?
IMG_7988.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom