What are your favorite Cozumel Restaurants??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tex-Mex in Mexico?
speechless-smiley-010.gif
Uh, you'll get Real-Mex there, and as I mentioned - localized for the Yucatan style, largely adjusted for the grigos.

Did you number your list according to the mentions? I wouldn't put too much into the numbers, but I bet any of them would be great. Here's the long list as I copied it...
Kinta

Especias

Capi Navegante

La Choza

Camilo's

Prima

Sonora Grill

Parilla Mission on 30th Ave

Casa Denis

Pepe's

El Moro

Pancho's Backyard

El Capi Navegante

La Morena

La Perlita

La Veranda

El Pique on 30th or Los Otates on 5th for Tacos Pastor.

Pie De Carbon the corner of 5th and 6th for steak and the great wine list.

Le Chef

Los Tres Gatitos;

Otates

Chepe's on 4th between 20th and 25th.

Cabaña del Pescador (Lobster House)
If we only get to 4 or 5 in our 5 nights, tho - we'll do well.
mixed-smiley-040.gif
Ya'll are the best. Keep the list going!!! BTW: Where does everyone get their absolutely cute, adorable and oh, so, appropo little smilies? Please, do tell!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
I have been know to rush out to my back yard, soaking wet, with no clothes on, just to gingerly relocate a spider who found its way into my shower.:)

:worthless:

:wink:

BTW: Where does everyone get their absolutely cute, adorable and oh, so, appropo little smilies? Please, do tell!

Regarding the smiles....when you reply to message (NOT the quick reply) do you see the little Smiles right there on the right?? Now....look on the bottom left just under the :kiss2: smile and the :no: and you will see [More]. Click on that and it will open in a new page with TONS of choices. Have fun but warning...they are addictive!

Regarding the smiles....when you reply to message (NOT the quick reply) do you see the little Smiles right there on the right?? Now....look on the bottom left just under the :kiss2: smile and the :no: and you will see [More]. Click on that and it will open in a new page with TONS of choices. Have fun but warning...they are addictive!
:nurse: Wow...got it! I must have found it years ago since I have one of them in my signature! DOH!!!

Thanks again!!

My favorite restaurant by far is La Cocay. I was a little surprised that no one brought it up until well into this thread. I was there in April and realized that I had been eating there for exactly 10 years, although the location obviously changed a few years ago. The chocolate torte dessert is decadent. They classify the cuisine as Mediterranean, by the way (someone asked in one of the threads). I just consider it good.

Cozumel, Mexico - La Cocay - Mediterranean Cuisine

For basic Mexican food, I have never had a bad meal at La Choza. They usually have a lot of customers even when the other restaurants are deserted. I started taking my wife there last year and now every trip starts with a lunch at La Choza.

For a cheap dinner, I still like to go to Chilangos on 30th for huaraches. I haven't been there for a few months, though. I don't recall exactly what the prices are these days, but it will probably be difficult to spend more than $5 US per person unless a lot of beer is involved.

Don't miss Guido's. I't on the main drang at the north end of town. Been there for years, used to be called Pizza Rolandes. It is a charming atmosphire and the food is delious. Resonable priced Italian/spanish food. Great Sangria and garlic bread.

Yeah, I don't care for warm water lobster. New England bugs are tastier; never had Pacific bugs.

Alternate smile source, but careful - some are not appropriate here.

And I have some I've collected here and there.
Panda.gif

nanerwaveytrain.gif

My favorite restaurant by far is La Cocay. I was a little surprised that no one brought it up until well into this thread. I was there in April and realized that I had been eating there for exactly 10 years, although the location obviously changed a few years ago. The chocolate torte dessert is decadent. They classify the cuisine as Mediterranean, by the way (someone asked in one of the threads). I just consider it good.

Cozumel, Mexico - La Cocay - Mediterranean Cuisine

For basic Mexican food, I have never had a bad meal at La Choza. They usually have a lot of customers even when the other restaurants are deserted. I started taking my wife there last year and now every trip starts with a lunch at La Choza.

For a cheap dinner, I still like to go to Chilangos on 30th for huaraches. I haven't been there for a few months, though. I don't recall exactly what the prices are these days, but it will probably be difficult to spend more than $5 US per person unless a lot of beer is involved.
Okay what in the world is a huarache. Sounds like I need to try it!:grinbandit:

Hola from Santa Rosa NM.
bananapiano.gif
Been diving the Hole in practice of returning to Coz...
Okay what in the world is a huarache. Sounds like I need to try it!:grinbandit:
Definition: Huaraches, traditional handmade Mexican sandals with woven leather tops, have been around for hundreds of years and were popular among Mexican villagers and peasants.

Traditionally featuring a leather sole, huaraches crafted with soles made from recycled tires began appearing in Mexican markets in the mid-1930s -- although the precise date of when tire-tread soles arrived on the scene is a source of some debate.

Nowadays, the sturdy, slip-on shoes can be found in a variety of looks, colors and materials, with some featuring leather, rubber or sneaker-like synthetic soles, with styles ranging from the classic sandal to dress shoes to flip-flops for casual wear.

The tough materials have helped popularize huaraches as durable and long-lasting footwear.
Pronunciation: hur-ah-chees
Nike has named some of their more modern shoes with this stolen name. :eek:

Or...
The huarache, sort of like a Mexican version of pizza, is a sandal-shaped flatbread made of corn masa. My favorite is usually from ChicagoÃÔ Maxwell Street Market, where sunbaked abuelas hand-pat big balls of corn meal with their crinkly-skinned hands, throwing their efforts on the grill until the air fills with corn perfume.
20080801-sandal.jpg
clikc pic to enlarge​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom