What are your favorite Cozumel Restaurants??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Feel like I am beating a dead horse, but don't worry about crime safety on Cozumel.

While there are some petty crimes (don't do something you wouldn't do in the states, like leave your valuables in a car in plain sight), there isn't much to worry about concerning crimes against persons. Everyone on the island is acutely aware that their livelihoods depend on tourists, as the recent swine flu fiasco has reminded them.

If you are concerned about safety, my recommendation would be to always take taxis and to never, ever ride a moto/scooter.

A group of SB'rs ate at La Hach last night (new name/ownership) If going by taxi ask for the Villa Blanca Hotel south of Blue Angel. La Hach is directly across the street oceanside.

Had the Taco Pastor seasoned pork, cilantro, onions on fresh corn tortilla special for $3.00 and of course a giant bowl of guacamole. hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmm.

Stayed over night with Pelagicsal at Villa Aldora, I ferried BACK to my hotel on Playa Del Carmen this morning. Ole!

Okay...this is not cozumel food...but I had something interesting here in Playa. The restaurant was called BABE's right off of Ave 5 and Calle 10. Okay, many restaurants here are hurting for customers and many sit empty and they all look wonderful. This place every table was taken and people waiting. They serve more or less Mexican version of Thai/Vietnamese fusion cuisine. I ordered the seafood rolls (shrimp, crab and Vietmese shrimp) with dipping sauces. I thought I would get summer rolls which are the non-fried version. I received 2 fried and one summer/spring type. 3 sauces that were heaven. One with a lime base, one with a sesame soy sauce vinegar base and one seemed like a mango sauce. All three were equally GREAT. The fried rolls were quite interesting. The "won ton" wrapper on the outside was unique...the mexican touch. Very thin and wafery crisp. Between the two layers of the fried wrapper was CREAM CHEESE. And of course the seafood and vegies in the innermost sanctum. The cream cheese really gave the fried roll such a unique essence.

Anyway...that is my trip report. I would eat there again. Prices are reasonable and they have seafood curry with beer or soda for 70 peso. And I love curry!

Okay...this is not cozumel food...but I had something interesting here in Playa. The restaurant was called BABE's right off of Ave 5 and Calle 10.

This is easily one of my favorite restaurants in playa. There is another one further North on 5th Ave as well. If you haven't been yet and are still in Playa you should take a trip over to El Fogon for dinner. There are a few of them, they are on Calle 30 and the food there is fantastic.

Wish you well

Ate at La Choza last night. Had a great time and meal. The Tropical Shrimp rocked, margaritas were tasty and the vanilla ice cream was to die for.

I'd go back but have so many others high on my list to sample. I think next up is Casa Denis....although it will be Wet Wendy's tonight with the SB crew!

jeff

Just got back yesterday and found a couple of new favorites.

Los Tres Gatitos
Wet Wendy's (watch out for the margaritas - they make you talk funny)
Empanadas del Sur (I think that's the name. it's just north of the square on the same street as 7-11). They delivered to Wet Wendy's one night when WW's kitchen was closed.

Cheers!

David

I will second Wet Wendy's !
We also like Pancho's Backyard.

Last edited:
Hey all,

It was fun to meet up with so many SB'ers last night. Enjoyed my Chile Relleno with cheese and beef!! Yum yum. Other people had shrimp tacos and Blackened Grouper with mango salsa at Wet Wendy's.

I then headed back to Playa and ate lunch today at El Fogon. I let the waitress suggest something since I don't read spanish. I had soup for starter...bean and ham...several sauces for the chips...then my plate came with roasted baked potato, roasted chile peppers (more like unhot green peppers so, so good) fire roasted ham, lots of hot corn tortillas, sliced tomatoes, cubumber. lots of lime and guacamole, something else on my plate, wasn't sure what it was looked almost like a hash...much more than one person should try to eat. I brought the left overs home (hotel) with me!! I gave the waitress my soaps, shampoos and conditioners I was collecting from hotel and she was very happy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom