What are your favorite Cozumel Restaurants??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a small hotel called Villa Rolandi, wich belongs to SLH association, but even so, they have a very simple an nice restaurante, not expensive at all, by the sea.
It's not in downton, so you are going to need a cab for a 20 minutes ride (if i recall correctly).

I think is worth the time.

Regards
Alex

Last edited:
Our top 3 from last week were in no particular order: Guidos--good dinner (supper for us rednecks) Eyetalian style with fancy waiters. Honestly good atmosphere, service and food. Peer down in to the well if you get a chance. The viz is great there too! La Candela--best lunch (dinner) I have had in a while. I had the Mayan fish but the local specials they offer are good too....I snitched off the wife and sons plate...They are not on the menu but just ask for the specials....El Pique...We ate supper here and drove by a couple times in the afternoon and they were closed so assume its supper(dinner for you yankees) only. My friends who refuse to eat Mexican food back home loved it. I explained to them that Tex-Mex chilli powder food back home was NOT the same "mexican" food in Coz. I had Tacos de Lenguia off the Cabeza de Res menu (cow tounge tacos) and wanted to try the ojos taco but they were out. If you are not adventurous stick to the pollo or arrachera or simply order the fajitas. I think everyone who comes to Coz should go to El Pique or a similar taqueria just to experience something more unique than Senor Frogs. Well that is our top 3 and we did not get to try Kinta and thought Casa Denis was closer to the Gotcha Paintball Cafe (except for the free tequila). We did not eat anywhere I would call bad in our entire trip. Kinda like eating here in Cajun country

Okay folks, been here two nights and still have not made it out to dinner. I went to the MEGA store and bought local snacks and really enjoying. I will go out to dinner tomorrow. Okay...which place should I hit FIRST? Which one is within walking distance from SCC?

People I am meeting at SCC seem amazed that I am by myself and willing to walk around alone. Always have done it. Doesn't seem so unusual to me. Anyway...thanks for the suggestions.

Okay folks, been here two nights and still have not made it out to dinner. I went to the MEGA store and bought local snacks and really enjoying. I will go out to dinner tomorrow. Okay...which place should I hit FIRST? Which one is within walking distance from SCC?

People I am meeting at SCC seem amazed that I am by myself and willing to walk around alone. Always have done it. Doesn't seem so unusual to me. Anyway...thanks for the suggestions.
Which one is close? Lose the maps you ordered?

You certainly have nothing to fear there. It is odd to see a woman doing anything alone is all. Nothing at all wrong with it, but it is unusual.

Have a great trip.
Panda.gif

Which one is close? Lose the maps you ordered?

You certainly have nothing to fear there. It is odd to see a woman doing anything alone is all. Nothing at all wrong with it, but it is unusual.

Have a great trip.
Panda.gif
I loaned my map to someone here at SCC and need to get it back!!
:no:

Okay, I am now heading to La Choza for the Tropical Shrimp. Heard it is yummy good.

Carry on without me.

Okay, I am now heading to La Choza for the Tropical Shrimp. Heard it is yummy good.

Carry on without me.
On of my fav cafes, but not tried that. Sounds great.
ch1.gif

ch2.gif

On of my fav cafes, but not tried that. Sounds great.
ch2.gif

Yes, the food was very good. They had this wonderful unique sauce they served with their tortilla chips. But FYI, it is not 'cheaper' to eat your meals out. 120 Pesos for roundtrip taxi. 189.50 pesos for dinner. Six American dollar tip. And 60 peso tip to musicians who played for a family who did NOT tip them. (I took it upon myself to do so) To NOT eat 7 dinners at Scuba Club only saved me $100.00. So, if people are being advised to eat on the economy because it is cheaper than AI...I guess it depends on where and what you are eating each night. Of course my guacomole, chips and papaya from Mega Store last night only cost me $2.80.

BTW: Tropical Shrimp was very good and musicians were delightful. Now, just need a dinner companion!:blinking:

Yes, the food was very good. They had this wonderful unique sauce they served with their tortilla chips. But FYI, it is not 'cheaper' to eat your meals out. 120 Pesos for roundtrip taxi. 189.50 pesos for dinner. Six American dollar tip. And 60 peso tip to musicians who played for a family who did NOT tip them. (I took it upon myself to do so) To NOT eat 7 dinners at Scuba Club only saved me $100.00. So, if people are being advised to eat on the economy because it is cheaper than AI...I guess it depends on where and what you are eating each night. Of course my guacomole, chips and papaya from Mega Store last night only cost me $2.80.

BTW: Tropical Shrimp was very good and musicians were delightful. Now, just need a dinner companion!:blinking:
I know that chip sauce! Love it!

Taxi fares are part of why I ate at my hotel most nights last trip traveling alone, staying further away than you, but the reasons many of us don't care for AI don't include thrift. AIs are often pretty cheap, but they get monotonous by the third day - and there is so much variety in town. 120 sounds high? You're not tipping the drivers are you? I know that's what the map says, but - I dicker, offering $3 US, then start walking if he didn't take it. If that didn't work, there'd be more cabs. It's what from SCC to that cafe? A mile? Europeans make fun of us when we get a car out for that far.

189.50 P = $14.16 US. $6/42% tip? :shocked2: Your money, your call.

Last edited:
Los Otates has great burriots! Mescalito's on the east side has great fish tacos and Pico. I loved Palmera's carmel crepes, went there 3 times this past week just for the crepes. boy do I wish I had some right now!

Back
Top Bottom