What are your favorite Cozumel Restaurants??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay folks, been here two nights and still have not made it out to dinner. I went to the MEGA store and bought local snacks and really enjoying. I will go out to dinner tomorrow. Okay...which place should I hit FIRST? Which one is within walking distance from SCC?

People I am meeting at SCC seem amazed that I am by myself and willing to walk around alone. Always have done it. Doesn't seem so unusual to me. Anyway...thanks for the suggestions.

hi alohaga! I have enjoyed reading your real time reviews of your time in COZ- and if I were to travel alone anywhere it would be to COZ! For dinner I suggest walking down to Blue Angel resort and having dinner at their restaurant-Rendez Blu. I had one of my best dinners there just a couple of weeks ago. Try the mango shrimp salad-yummy! And they have great view of the sunset! The waiter Sergio will make you feel like a queen!

Enjoy! Jean in MO

Blue Angel Nov 7-Dec 2

I know that chip sauce! Love it!

Taxi fares are part of why I ate at my hotel most nights last trip traveling alone, staying further away than you, but the reasons many of us don't care for AI don't include thrift. AIs are often pretty cheap, but they get monotonous by the third day - and there is so much variety in town. 120 sounds high? You're not tipping the drivers are you? I know that's what the map says, but - I dicker, offering $3 US, then start walking if he didn't take it. If that didn't work, there'd be more cabs. It's what from SCC to that cafe? A mile? Europeans make fun of us when we get a car out for that far.

189.50 P = $14.16 US. $6/42% tip? :shocked2: Your money, your call.
Well, I can't please all the people all the time. I didn't go to dinner till after 9PM. I was dressed nicely and would have looked like melted butter by the time I walked there. Then I have that group from Arkansas who are amazed I am here by myself, giving me their two cents. (woman alone, dangerous, goodness gracious, my, oh, my etc. etc) So, taking a taxi worked out just fine. I am walking to town everyday at some point...even at night by golly. Anything else to critique?

Last edited:
I know that chip sauce! Love it!

Taxi fares are part of why I ate at my hotel most nights last trip traveling alone, staying further away than you, but the reasons many of us don't care for AI don't include thrift. AIs are often pretty cheap, but they get monotonous by the third day - and there is so much variety in town. 120 sounds high? You're not tipping the drivers are you? I know that's what the map says, but - I dicker, offering $3 US, then start walking if he didn't take it. If that didn't work, there'd be more cabs. It's what from SCC to that cafe? A mile? Europeans make fun of us when we get a car out for that far.

189.50 P = $14.16 US. $6/42% tip? :shocked2: Your money, your call.
The taxis asked for 60 pesos...two different cab drivers, both ways asked for the same amount. Seemed a little high, so I didn't tip. It ends up about the same. I figured they were adding the tip to the price.:D

Just got back from walking to town it is 9:30PM. Ended up buying Mango sorbet for dinner from local grocery store. 1/2 gallon for 25 pesos...yum, yum... Put it in my little mini fridge with a mini freezer. Will eat on that for the week. The mango juice and sorbet here is exquisite.

Well, I can't please all the people all the time. I didn't go to dinner till after 9PM. I was dressed nicely and would have looked like melted butter by the time I walked there. Then I have that group from Arkansas who are amazed I am here by myself, giving me their two cents. (woman alone, dangerous, goodness gracious, my, oh, my etc. etc) So, taking a taxi worked out just fine. I am walking to town everyday at some point...even at night by golly. Anything else to critique?
No, that was not a criticism. The cab fares are usually reasonable enough there; I paid $5 for 4 + a child to take a San Antonio bus last week, about a mile but too hot to walk, and my daughter is treating flip-flop recovery. Going to town alone in a cab can be an expensive part of dinner, I remember well from March; I only did it a couple of times, and I dickered.

A 42% tip at dinner is unusual, but you would probly tip more at SCC if you did dinners there I suppose - and maybe still can.

I give up tho, bowing out of this - as that's twice I have made you think I was criticizing. Sorry. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Just got back from walking to town it is 9:30PM. Ended up buying Mango sorbet for dinner from local grocery store. 1/2 gallon for 25 pesos...yum, yum... Put it in my little mini fridge with a mini freezer. Will eat on that for the week. The mango juice and sorbet here is exquisite.

mmmm, i'll have to remember that as I will aim to add to my ample belly during this trip.

Ain't no holding back while on vacation!

:D:D:D

Mary, if you can, go and try Kinta and Casa Denis. Both have great reviews on this board and Trip Advisor.

Let us know so we can be jealous of you!

Jeff

Thanks Centexbear...I will do that. I am thinking of extending my stay a few days longer on Cozumel before heading to Playa for a week.
Heading out to the C53 this afternoon. Will work up an appetite with all the dives today.

Mary

I am getting ready for dinner. I think I will try KINTA's.

Mary

Oops. Edit that, just got a note slipped under my door. It is FIESTA NIGHT here at SCC. Looks like I will finally have my first drink of the week. And try to hit the big PINATA. Kinta's will have to wait.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom