Welcome to the Combined California Thread - Like the name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken-

The option of re-splitting the forum isn't open? Sure wish the regulators had asked our opinion on this one as it really doesn't make that much sense as seen in the responses from DB members. An 1,100 mile coastline chock full of active divers is just too much to cover in a single forum IMHO.

Others-

Ken did say when he announced the combined thread that he was in favor of looking at options for the name. Those not liking "California Dreaming" should offer options if we are stuck with a single thread

By the way, does California Dreaming include Baja? It is "California" as well.

Dr. Bill

name....ableit for SoCal when we were still 2 different forums.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t34780/s.html

As for re-splitting the forums, I am guessing he means that it would be difficult to impossible to put messages back into their old forums vs. just creating two separate forums. I doubt there is any identifying information that could automate that process and trying to do it manually would be VERY time consuming.

I've already voted/voiced my opinion, so whatever happens, happens.

OK, so splitting is not on the table, to the names then!

Kalifornia Kelp Divers
(Was gonna say Kalifornia Kelp Klub but on second thought, don't like the way that acronyms out.... )

Golden State Dive Club (or Divers)

Left Coast Divers (I know, I know, PNW is left coast too....)

California Kelp Connosieurs (too pretentious??? :crazyeyes )

Chris

This ones for you....
Kalifornia Kelp Kreeps

In all Honesty
Golden State Bottom Dwellers
West Coast Bottom Scratchers

I know..kinda lame...Ill keep thinking?
:confused:

have in common...liberal vs. conservative...nope. Water vs. no-water...nope not that either. Forest vs deserts...hmmmm.

Ok, in addition to sharing a Austrian born, Actor/Governor, we share one significant thing......EARTHQUAKES! .

So how about something along those lines.

Slip-Fault Divers, Saline Shock Wave Riders, seismic swimmers, tectonic tank team

Others:

California Current Catchers

Ok....I'll try another tact.

Otter once bubbled...
Slip-Fault Divers, Saline Shock Wave Riders, seismic swimmers, tectonic tank team

Cracking me up...

..............I am an interested party for a few reasons.

First, I don't see why 2 NDI Clubs should be sharing one forum when the members of those 2 clubs are against the concept.

Second, I don't want to wake up one day to find Deep South Divers, Florida Conch Divers, Kentucky Piranah Patrol, NC Wreck Divers and Texas Swamp Divers (or any combination) sharing one forum. If that were to happen, I wouldn't want to be told splitting them back "isn't currently an option."

Third, I don't like to see anyone fall victim to arbitrary decisions. Each of these clubs was formed following rules set out by Scubaboard and was promised its own forum. While the rules have changed over time (requiring 10 to charter instead of 5), they comformed to the rules in effect at the time and deserve to be treated fairly.

The 2 clubs, NDI Northern California and NDI Southern California are victims of unfair treatment and an arbitrary decision. The situation needs to be set right and right away.

Mo2vation once bubbled...

Because that's the question on the table. With all due respect, re-splitting the threads isn't currently an option.

If you have a name to contribute, we can use some help!

Thanks -

Ken

I respectfully suggest that if you cannot re-split the sections, you start over with two new, separate sections. Obviously, the majority want NorCal and SoCal separated. If it is too difficult, leave this combined thing in both areas (if that is possible) and if it is not... start over. We will all be starting new subjects anyway, it is just a matter of what section they end up in, correct?

Please forgive the suggestion if I don't understand the mechanics of the technology of the Board. I am only trying to suggest a resolution to the quandary :( .

peace,

sapphire

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom