Welcome to the Combined California Thread - Like the name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't post often, and I don't think I've ever posted in the northern California section. But, living in San Francisco and being a relatively new diver who dives Monterey a few times a month, I do (did?) read the Northern California posts quite often. Lots of great information, looked like a good way to meet potential buddies and check on Monterey conditions.

So I was bummed to see that northern and southern California were combined into one section. I suppose we're part of the same state, but it's sort of in name only; while I've never been diving in southern California, I'm told by numerous friends who have that the conditions, sites and stuff in the water are all very different. It didn't feel like the old system of two forums was somehow flawed or broken, at least not to me. I guess a lot of us were too busy diving and not spending enough time in front of our computers. Maybe that's a good thing.

While I guess I hadn't "voted" with previous posts, my preference would be for split forums, even if the old posts weren't re-split. For what it's worth, I might even post occasionally in a NorCal section.

Maybe I'll meet some of you at Breakwater someday. I haven't been in the water much in the last few weeks, as lots of buddies are out of town or too busy with work. Rumor has it that conditions have been back and forth...I was there a week ago when the exit was an adventure and visibility a challenge.

We get you guys under one roof, and yet you have two subforums to post to your heart's delight. Compromise, compromise, compromise. We will see if we can split the messages as we go... of course Mo2vation will be your best bet there!

Oh yeah... actually agreeing on a name would complete the process! Of course, we could just let Pug name you! :tease:

NetDoc once bubbled...
We get you guys under one roof, and yet you have two subforums to post to your heart's delight. Compromise, compromise, compromise. We will see if we can split the messages as we go... of course Mo2vation will be your best bet there!

Sounds great. Thanks a million :D How about a central Ca forum for us oddballs.....just kidding :eek:ut:

NetDoc once bubbled...
We get you guys under one roof, and yet you have two subforums to post to your heart's delight. Compromise, compromise, compromise.
Just curious, why the reluctance to let us have two forums?

NetDoc once bubbled...

Oh yeah... actually agreeing on a name would complete the process! Of course, we could just let Pug name you! :tease:

Thank you, Pete. Even though I don't see the difference in having 2 forums and a forum with 2 sub forums, the only problem I see is that when you search for new posts, the sub forum name comes up stating simply "North" and "South".

It looks a little funny, because it doesn't indicate "California" anywhere. North or South what??

Perhaps the sub categories could be renamed to include "California" somewhere in the title -- it would be less confusing.

And if I had to pick a name, "California Dreamers" would not be it. If it is time to vote on that, maybe we need a new thread with name suggestions??

peace,

sapphire :)

sapphire once bubbled...
~~ North or South what??
Perhaps the sub categories could be renamed to include "California" somewhere in the title -- it would be less confusing.
And if I had to pick a name, "California Dreamers" would not be it. If it is time to vote on that, maybe we need a new thread with name suggestions??

peace,

sapphire :)

Good stuff here. Lets hear some suggestions.

K

the discussion...
I will tell you this... we are rearranging a good portion of the board, and are trying to make it simpler to navigate. Every club will be connected to its own web page, which will include a calendar and other special features like photo galleries. Most of the other clubs have this already, and we are waiting to find out what you will be calling yourselves so we can get that going for you as well. We hope to accomplish this by the first of the year.
You can look forward to an constantly improving board over the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom