Welcome to the Combined California Thread - Like the name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
New Gov, new tread I guess...

If we can come up with a better name than California Dreamers (which, in my opinion doesn't completely suck) I'm into it.

I think we ran this up the pole once before (in the So Cal thread) but now that we have all that No Cal brain power in here (I can't believe I actually said that... :bonk: ) take your best shot, and we'll lobby the Mods.

I think I may know a person or two over there these days....

Ken

Does this mean the SoCal and NorCal forums no longer exist? Personally I think that is a wrong move since the diving is so different in both regions. I think it was better to keep the two separate. However I welcome those NorCal intellectuals and liberals (often the same IMHO)!

Dr. Bill

boomx5 once bubbled...
did someone call for some NorCal brain power?

Must walk away. Too easy. Must walk away. Too easy...

mutter mutter mutter....

k

drbill once bubbled...
Does this mean the SoCal and NorCal forums no longer exist? Personally I think that is a wrong move since the diving is so different in both regions. I think it was better to keep the two separate. However I welcome those NorCal intellectuals and liberals (often the same IMHO)!

Dr. Bill
I dont know about you S Cal divers but the Nor Cal diving sucked big time today. I dont think we ever broke over 5ft of vis and most sites were too rough to dive. Oh well there is always next time :D

Dig the photo. Dang. Great pic, buddy. I got nothing of me in gear.

What's that strip dpwn the top of your dome? Is that a hood vent, a panel or some No Cal fish attractor?

I'm looking for a new hood soon.

Thanks -

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
Dig the photo. Dang. Great pic, buddy. I got nothing of me in gear.

What's that strip dpwn the top of your dome? Is that a hood vent, a panel or some No Cal fish attractor?

I'm looking for a new hood soon.

Thanks -

K
That would be my super duper high tech bare drysuit hood with a zipper. :D I have no idea why they decided to add a reflector to the top of it. :confused: It seems bare is very reflector happy as there is a few on my drysuit to match the hood. Its probably the first time i ever bought matching clothes :D

Bad idea, combining the two threads. It is indeed two different dive environs.

My .02, is put it back.

Let add my no vote on the combined thread.

It is not a great idea. Diving in Monterey is different than Palos Verde or Malibu (done both).

The SoCal forum is a great place for us to get together and chat and perhaps find a dive buddy as well as post dive reports so the rest of us know conditions and where to go and not go. I would assume the NoCal thread provides the same opportunity for them as well. It is nice to have a thread where we "locals" can chat. I even liked wrinkles idea of getting together for a dive party someplace so we can all put faces to the names.

EXAMPLE: Recently, one of our more adventuresome members dove Mugu Rock. Living near Long Beach, I had never heard of it. But since it was in the SoCal area I checked out the report, and looked it up. Now I know about this site (and that it is not worth diving), and realized I had passed it before and wondered about diving there. If it had been in the combined area, I would have erroneously assumed it was in NoCal because I did not recognize the name.

Let's keep the threads separate.:(

Back
Top Bottom