We need a new dive club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm all for whatever I can do to help also. Thinking of events, I think I'll be in Alaska but Memorial Day weekend, a weekend at Van Damme SP camp ground as home base for all diving activities up and down the area. Abs and ling fillets. We will have to bring in the president of nor-cal skin divers as our chef again. The panko ab rolls were to die for.

JustinW:
I'm all for whatever I can do to help also. Thinking of events, I think I'll be in Alaska but Memorial Day weekend, a weekend at Van Damme SP camp ground as home base for all diving activities up and down the area. Abs and ling fillets. We will have to bring in the president of nor-cal skin divers as our chef again. The panko ab rolls were to die for.

That sounds like a blast. Let's setup a trip to Van Damme this summer.

jim ernst:
hey andy, how are you, i didnt think from the picture that it was you, i will have to call dolphin to find out who it was , unless he sees this post and he would let me know, it was one of the guys that knows eric well, oh and yes i am in on anything i can do to help with all of this stuff so let me know, i also sent erickson a PM about this, so i am sure i will hear from him soon as well, he has a lot of good to say about you as a dive buddy, look forward to meeting lot you guys!!

Thanks for the kudos, we'll have to do some diving soon. Can you make it for the 2nd?

Hey D_O_H,
put me down as zky@northcoastdivers.org
Neeto man!
This thing is taking off like a brush fire.

I will be able to make it the second weekend in May. Why don't we pick somewhere close and reliable like Stillwater cove. We could also do Gerstle for those of you that have never been there. Is is an easy dive especially if the conditions are marginal everywhere else.
This should be a orientation and meet and greet dive. Maybe we could advance the sites to more challenging ones when we find out who will be diving regularly and their skill level.
Remeber, this is a all inclusive club and I don't want to alienate the newbies. If the newbies stick with the dives then eventually they will become hardened veterans and will be able to handle more advanced sites. But for now let's stick with the easy ones.
Fair enough?

With that said, I am offering to buddy up with anybody new that may have not have many dives yet. I'm sure anybody in the group that has a reasonable amount of North Coast experience would also be willing to take a turn and show a newbie around.
We could take turns so it's fair.
After all the diving is done we'll have a picnic for those that want to stick around. Gotta eat, right?

We should plan a Vandamme based dive. This could include camping. Vandamme also fills up really quick so reservations have to be made very far in advance. There is a guy who rents kayaks right at the beach or the dive shop in Fort Bragg rents kayaks also. If everyone has a kayak I know of some great diving on the outside of the keyhole called the sand channels. It's a deep dive, 100+ feet, and you fin through these really cool hallways at the bottom that have verticle walls and it's like you are in some kind of huge grand federal building or something going down the halls complete with wings and intersections. There's fish sitting motionless in the water column just looking at you as you cruise by. It's a very surreal dive.
I know other spots too.

I need people to let me know if they are interested in being on the scheduling commitee. Please PM me if you are intersted.

Thanks,

ZKY

Darn,

How did I miss this post. Jim(Ernst), thanks for the heads up! I actually have a website already built with nobody on it. It was a pet project of mine to get all of my dive buddies on it to post their dive reports, pics and anything else they'd like to talk about. I even put a blog section where every diver can post on their own. In my past life (last year) I was a web designer and graphic designer--if you need a web designer, I'm your guy! Here's a link to my pet project, it's ready to go:

http://scubajunkeesworld.com/forum/

I could replicate this design onto the northcoastdivers.org site if y'all like!

-eR

scubajunkee:
Darn,

How did I miss this post. Jim(Ernst), thanks for the heads up! I actually have a website already built with nobody on it. It was a pet project of mine to get all of my dive buddies on it to post their dive reports, pics and anything else they'd like to talk about. I even put a blog section where every diver can post on their own. In my past life (last year) I was a web designer and graphic designer--if you need a web designer, I'm your guy! Here's a link to my pet project, it's ready to go:

http://scubajunkeesworld.com/forum/

I could replicate this design onto the northcoastdivers.org site if y'all like!

-eR
I think that site looks great! as far as I'm concerned do it.

ZKY

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
So, what's the word on the first dive? Second weekend in April or May?

Gregg

I'd be down for the second weekend in April. I need to get an abalone fix before May.

I vote for the second weekend in April.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom