We need a new dive club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went ahead and registered northcoastdivers.org. We've got way more space/bandwidth than I imagine we'll ever use. I was thinking it would be cool if we added a shorediving.com type thing with maps and photos and stuff as we explore new sites, so I went a little nuts. I'm not sure what the final cost is going to be, but it's going to be pretty nominal - well under $10/mo.

We've got 100 e-mail addresses too. If anyone wants one, shoot me a PM with the name you want and I'll set you up.

Wow, this is really cool that this is taking off. Such a great group of people. There are some i still have yet to meet. Will be great to show people the ropes on catching dungeness by hand underwater at Doran. My buddy and I limited out last spring in just under an hour each, being selective and only taking males. We caught close to 40 just in that small area. I know there is so much more diving on the North Coast i haven't even thought to dive. Maybe we could host an Adopt-A-So-Cal'er weekend where we get one person who has never dove the north coast to come up and experience it. I think we might even be able to convince Chuck. Just watch, he will cave, and he will dive the North:wink:

Kewl! sign me up for an email address. How about something original like say peter@northcoastdivers.org :) Goes right there with peter@waterislife.net (I accidently sold the domain for a good chunk of change) at least I can keep my email address, after all I have had it for a decade.

I like shorediving.com, but it really lacks on the North Coast. I know there has to be many more diving sights.

Did someone say drysuit? I might regret buying my Pinnacle Polar wetsuit at some point and have to go dry.

Ummm...I like crab!

well I also can't make it on the 1st. I'll be in monterey w/ justin for the ow classes. but I'll definately get out to 1 soon, just added northcoastdivers.org to favorites and let me know on the dates of get togethers
GREAT IDEA ERIC!!!!!

Well once everything gets going and I don't have to worry about helping with cert classes I'm down to organize a weekend at Doran for Dungeness diving. I bet in june we will have some halibut in also. The weather should be better than the unofficial spring north coast dive i had a few weeks ago. Weather was horrid and vis sucked. When offshore calms down vis should open up again. All the rocks had sediment on them. I'm thnking of doing a mapping project of the north wall of the Doran Jetty. Pretty basic but there are some hazards that an get ya if you aren't paying attention. There seems to be an ever so slight rip current that forms along the wall that is bolstered on an outgoing tide.

Hey guys, great idea. I'm a newby but I'm sure I'll be able to join in from time to time. I'm at Monterey for the next two weekends then Hawaii. BUT I'll make it soon. My girlfriend sounds interested too.

Carl

Justin (justin at northcoastdivers), Peter_C (peter at northcoastdivers), Lonerider00 (lonerider00 at northcoastdivers) and me (scott at northcoastdivers) should all have working e-mail addresses.

You should be able to access the e-mail accounts at email.northcoastdivers.org (no need to use that longer link I PM'd to some of you).

Okay, it seems that we won't have a lot of people for the opener. So, I will just send out a personal invite to people for Sunday the 2nd.

How about we shoot for the following weekend for the official get together? It seems that more people are free then and I can't see us having our first meeting without ZKY, the man who started it all. What do you all say to Saturday, April 8th?

DOH,

Thanks for putting the website together. You beat me to it :D I imagine at the first meeting we can all toss in some money to cover the first year for the website. I can put something rudamentary together in a day or so until we get someone with more experience. I'll post here when it is ready and we figure out the details of uploading it. I know scubajunkee is a web designer, so maybe I can get him to help.

Hi Jim,

It wasn't me at the Channel Islands, but I would be happy to introduce myself at our first meeting.

Great idea for a club ZKY,
Congrats on your new scubaboard status! I kind of liked norcal rock crawlers, but sounded like a 4x4 club. I'm happy with north coast divers as well, can I be Zin at northcoastdivers.org? I might be able to help with some php programming. Don't know who you registered the domain from, I'm guessing yahoo, but godaddy seems to have a great deal for about $3 or $4 per month with 500 free email addresses and hosting.

renpirate:
Okay, it seems that we won't have a lot of people for the opener. So, I will just send out a personal invite to people for Sunday the 2nd.

How about we shoot for the following weekend for the official get together? It seems that more people are free then and I can't see us having our first meeting without ZKY, the man who started it all. What do you all say to Saturday, April 8th?

DOH,

Thanks for putting the website together. You beat me to it :D I imagine at the first meeting we can all toss in some money to cover the first year for the website. I can put something rudamentary together in a day or so until we get someone with more experience. I'll post here when it is ready and we figure out the details of uploading it. I know scubajunkee is a web designer, so maybe I can get him to help.

Hi Jim,

It wasn't me at the Channel Islands, but I would be happy to introduce myself at our first meeting.
hey andy, how are you, i didnt think from the picture that it was you, i will have to call dolphin to find out who it was , unless he sees this post and he would let me know, it was one of the guys that knows eric well, oh and yes i am in on anything i can do to help with all of this stuff so let me know, i also sent erickson a PM about this, so i am sure i will hear from him soon as well, he has a lot of good to say about you as a dive buddy, look forward to meeting lot you guys!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom