We need a new dive club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interactive calendar sounds good. Here's the tide forecast for Ft. Ross - doesn't look like a great morning for rock pickers.

2006-04-08 21:38 PDT 4.68 feet High Tide
2006-04-09 03:23 PDT 1.87 feet Low Tide
2006-04-09 05:09 PDT Moonset
2006-04-09 06:45 PDT Sunrise
2006-04-09 08:50 PDT 4.59 feet High Tide
2006-04-09 15:33 PDT 0.52 feet Low Tide

Seadiver5:
As a scuba marketing consultant part of my job has been to build dive clubs for dive shops etc.

I am pretty well versed on what it takes to run all sorts of dive clubs yet I am always learning how to improve on what I have done in the past.

One thing we have done very successfuly has been to create "online" dive clubs through the Yahoo groups list server.

This form of communication can be successful for both more established mainstream clubs and less formal clubs like the one you described.

It sounds like something you could possibly benefit from. You are welcome to check out one of our sites to see if it is something that could work for you. You can this by going to www.groups.yahoo.com and search for pnw-scuba or by sending an email to pnw-scuba-subscribe@yahoogroups.com then follow the directions to become active.

In addition to the email communication aspects of the server you also get the capability to house files, photos etc.

Thanks for information and advice. It's so great to get so much input from so many experienced people. I think we are going to go with the website for right now. We'll post it when it's done and you can see what you think.

D_O_H:
Interactive calendar sounds good. Here's the tide forecast for Ft. Ross - doesn't look like a great morning for rock pickers.

2006-04-08 21:38 PDT 4.68 feet High Tide
2006-04-09 03:23 PDT 1.87 feet Low Tide
2006-04-09 05:09 PDT Moonset
2006-04-09 06:45 PDT Sunrise
2006-04-09 08:50 PDT 4.59 feet High Tide
2006-04-09 15:33 PDT 0.52 feet Low Tide
Oh cool,
That means I don't have to get there at the crack of dawn.

Andy:
I'm moving the time forward to 7:30. That should be good.
I ordered the banner blank today and plan on lettering it this week or next.
It'll be 2' x 8'. I'm going to fasten it to two pieces of PVC and secure it upright with 2 cords off each end so it will free stand like a volley ball net.

ZKY

ZKY

Fantastic idea, I'll be there on the 9th! I really like the banner idea. :D

I can't wait to do some dives up here, Monterey is a long way away!

Ryan

ZKY:
Oh cool,
That means I don't have to get there at the crack of dawn.

Andy:
I'm moving the time forward to 7:30. That should be good.
I ordered the banner blank today and plan on lettering it this week or next.
It'll be 2' x 8'. I'm going to fasten it to two pieces of PVC and secure it upright with 2 cords off each end so it will free stand like a volley ball net.

ZKY

ZKY

I'll bring the coffee:D

D_O_H:
Outstanding. I'll probably bring some hog island oysters and some (post-diving, of course) beer.

ZKY - you want me to put a waiver form together? I don't usually admit it in public, but my day job is being a lawyer.
A waiver? for what? drinking your beer? :D

btw: I will try and make this event if I can to dive the North Coast.

dlndavid:
A waiver? for what? drinking your beer? :D

Nah, the waiver is in case we have to use you as a diversion to let us get away from the Great Whites. The beer is the reward for making it back in one piece:D

Actually, it's one of those things you have to do nowadays when ever an umbrella organization does something.

dlndavid:
btw: I will try and make this event if I can to dive the North Coast.

I've got room for at least one other person in my car if anyone wants to ride together from SF. From my house at least, it's not a bad drive at all - like an hour and a half, tops.

And thanks for the reminder - we better add "blindness from drinking homemade beer" to the waiver.

Back
Top Bottom