We need a new dive club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate:
How about
NorCal Sea Hunters
Hunters of the North Coast
North Coast Diehards
NorCal Diehards
NorCal Buccaneers
NorCal Explorers
North Coast Buccaneers

I like the pirate theme myself, but NorCal Diehards fits us too.
I'm updating the original post with the possible titles as we go.
I kind of like North Coast Explorers.
We do a lot of that.

How 'bout:

North Pacific Explorers
Nor Cal Gravel Grinders (finding gravel in your reg)

ZKY

Peter_C:
I ain'ts gots no phobia. Just no clue where to go. Plus the weather has been kinda crappy for diving lately.

"North Coast Divers" is quite appropriate.

"Great White Chasers" LOL
Oh no, I wasn't talking about you, there's another guy that I like to give a good ribbing to.
When we get this off the ground you'll discover the many wonders of diving the North.
And it shouldn't be brain surgery either, we just decide to go, we meet up and go diving. Simple.

ZKY

Ok, I vote for either North Coast Explorers or North Coast Divers. So, when is the freakin weather going to calm down? I am hoping we at least get a break for the opening of abalone season.

NetDoc:
Y'all belong to a cool club! Kelp Divers, the NorCal division! :D

That is true, but there is a definte sub-culture difference. We are happy to dive in 5' vis after climbing over slippery rocks to get there.

ZKY:
Bottom feeders seems kind of self devaluating to me. I think of a bottom feeder as some kind of a low character (not that I haven't been called one a time or two in my life).

Rock pickers- no way, we're divers! and damn proud of it. There's no way I'll be associated with the low tiders out there with their levis, sweatshirts, and a weight belt made out of an old car seat belt and buckle climbing all over the rocks destroying all the delicate life that grows on them. After a super low tide it looks like someone lead a heard of cattle over the rocks and smashed everything in sight!
I do have to hand it to them though, how determined they are, getting soaked and freezing like that, getting bit by eels and stabbed by urchins, getting bashed by waves when the super sets come in risking broken bones and twisted ankles all for 3 snails!

I'm liking North Coast Rock Crawlers more and more, it kind of has a ring to it. After all that is what we do, climb over rocks to get out and crawl back over more rocks to get back in right? Instead of sand.

Or what about just North Coast Divers. Plain and simple.

Any more ideas?

We'll need a website and cool t-shirts too.

ZKY,
Sorry buddy. I didn't think you would take me serious. Those names I submitted were made in jest, just meant to get a laugh! That's why I put a smiley face after each one. I couldn't think of any good ones.

NetDoc made a good point though. That forum hardly gets used.

renpirate:
Ok, I vote for either North Coast Explorers or North Coast Divers. So, when is the freakin weather going to calm down? I am hoping we at least get a break for the opening of abalone season.

Haha, Zinmaker, Lonerider00 and I got a dive in a week or two ago with ankle slappers for swells (during a small craft advisory). Hmm nothing against the "men in black" but North Coast Explorers sounds a bit like we all dive a certain gear config, and I doubt we all do. North Coast Divers, thats pretty cool. We could play off something having to do with the number of dive sites that require ropes for beach access (Greenwood and others).

Name of the club doesn't matter so much to me as a group of great people with a common interest. Unfortunately I'm stuck in monterey every weekend in april helping to get some OW classes completed. I hope to get back up there for some apnea time & abalone.

How bout North Coast Rock Climbers as we have more than one site with a rope

Agree on the N. Coast Explorers connotations (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I like Rock Climbers, but it doesn't sound like a dive group.

N. Coast Mollusk Mashers?

Too bad something like Great White Riders is so wordy.

I'm happy to pitch in for a website.

Oh, and I like diving in Monterey as much as I like diving the N. Coast. Does that disqualify me?

JustinW:
Haha, Zinmaker, Lonerider00 and I got a dive in a week or two ago with ankle slappers for swells (during a small craft advisory). Hmm nothing against the "men in black" but North Coast Explorers sounds a bit like we all dive a certain gear config, and I doubt we all do. North Coast Divers, thats pretty cool. We could play off something having to do with the number of dive sites that require ropes for beach access (Greenwood and others).

Name of the club doesn't matter so much to me as a group of great people with a common interest. Unfortunately I'm stuck in monterey every weekend in april helping to get some OW classes completed. I hope to get back up there for some apnea time & abalone.

How bout North Coast Rock Climbers as we have more than one site with a rope

So ya had to rub it in, eh!? Was that the party at Bodega Bay? I ended up having to do some work that weekend. How was it?

I agree the explorers label does have some connotations that might be unwelcome. So I would go for the North Coast Divers name. You are right about just getting together with a fun group and diving though. You up for the abalone opener?

D_O_H:
Agree on the N. Coast Explorers connotations (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I like Rock Climbers, but it doesn't sound like a dive group.

N. Coast Mollusk Mashers?

Too bad something like Great White Riders is so wordy.

I'm happy to pitch in for a website.

Oh, and I like diving in Monterey as much as I like diving the N. Coast. Does that disqualify me?

You've dove with us so I think that counts. you coming up for ab season?

Back
Top Bottom