WARM Thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bow to your infinite wisdom. CAD Divers IS universal. I'm proud to be a part of such a distinguished & illustrious group. Thank you! See y’all on Monday - wish me luck!

There is no room in diving for being macho and there are times to walk away, dedication is not to be confused with determination. I just want to restate it's a great way for you to remain active in the sport year round. But, you need to remain a Comfortable Alert Diver.

When you dive CAD, you are not bound by restrictive layers you are free to experience nature on her terms, feel the rush of water across your maskless face without having your breath taken away.

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
[B
Many people wear their dry suits and/or underwear way too tight and, therefore, significantly reduce their flexibility.
Mike [/B]

But raise their voices by at least an octave, if male! This can come in handy when there are no tenors or sopranos during a NetDoc Sing-Along/Dive Trip...

Joewr...who choses to remain a baratone...

I would dive CAD. However, living in the NW, you either dive cold or you don't dive. The water is always cold. The risks are increased due to all of the points made about flexibility, loss of body heat, etc. This is something that my dive instructor stressed so that we know what we are doing.

Fishkiller - you ask "Why take the risk?" I take the risk knowingly and willingly. Or I would be a rusty old diver who was only able to dive once or twice a year.

Keeping warm after the dive becomes more troublesome in the winter but the visability is better for us then so we dive anyway.

Originally posted by sea nmf
Fishkiller - you ask "Why take the risk?" I take the risk knowingly and willingly. Or I would be a rusty old diver who was only able to dive once or twice a year.

You can dive CAD anytime, with the world as large as it is people live in many places that don't allow a choice of water temp but remember the wind chill and SI, you should spend you time here on the board instead of risking hypothermia, just for better vizability.

Fishkiller,
Your comedy act is great!!!!!! maybe take it on the road!!!! I guess I should just stay........Friggncold:cold:

Originally posted by Friggincold
Fishkiller,
I guess I should just stay........Friggncold:cold:

Your profile says you live in Penn. Last time I check that was still in America the greatest country on Earth. You have many choices and the freedom to travel why stay :cold:? We in CAD will not force anyone to dive and not be Comfortable Alert Delighted with diving. Take advantage of the American Dream and be warm.

For those who live in other countries we all must remember what we have in common the love of being a Scuba diver and the added freedom of being underwater offers, and that freedom does come at a cost, we may have to sacrifice that freedom for the comfort and warmth of being at home.

C A D, I would like to say that if I am cold, then IMHO I am not having fun, and should maybe book that trip to Grenada. (Where my friend has just bought two dive shops).

But I will have to take my dry suit with me. :wink:

Originally posted by Belushi

But I will have to take my dry suit with me. :wink:

Will you be using that Argon that Scubababy was talking about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom