For Sale Want to sell and ask some scubaboard member test and review S12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. my friend. Do you have some photos of nitescuba s12 dive light underwater?

@lexvil - how was the beam angle for the clear water of Curacao? Does it light enough area?

Some pics this morning
just outdoor lights, 0500
3A927214-6EBD-4617-AC7B-7F7D9A64AFEE.jpeg

s12
6D2B220D-7F72-442D-93F3-7511BC7AAC83.jpeg

1FB76F8A-FCAB-48D9-8553-07177A715F40.jpeg

xtar D26 1600
2C9A3958-06AF-482E-AD2A-ED6C801FCCD3.jpeg

3704CABC-A71C-4648-96C5-CD67F2E2E983.jpeg

I have yet to dive with the light but so far it seems like a great back up or an inexpensive light for a new diver. It is very bright and should work well enough in lower vis (~10-15 feet) fine. The SOS mode has 3 sub modes, steady flash, repetitive SOS, and fast flash. Will be diving with it in Hawaii next week and the puget sound when we get back. We had to cancel local dives before out trip due to a ruptured ear drum.

I picked one up just about 3 weeks ago. I have had it in the water for several dives. The light I normally wive with at work is a Tovatec Fusion 1050. The s12 is probably as bright with both having freshly charged batteries. However the 1050 is an adjustable beam so it can have a much tighter beam. The s12 is a fairly wide beam compared to the 1050, but for the price it seems hard to beat. I will say that the long press to turn on/off is nice, but I forgot about it once and thought that something was wrong.

I just ordered and received the S12 very quickly. Looks to be well made. Looking forward to diving with it.

Used mine on 6 dives now. On and off to look at stuff but have not had to recharge it. Local DM liked this light a lot, so I am ordering a new one now… and hopefully the second one will be as good as the first one was :wink:

So I gave my S12 to a local diveguide while on the trip - he liked it so much :) Then I ordered a second one. A little bit less luck with the second one. The cable for a charger the light came with is USB-C, the charger, however, is Micro USB. Not a big deal - I have a few of each laying around- but shows that quality control is not as good. I took the spacer out from the battery compartment, but the light was not working. I took out the battery and tried to charge it with the charger it came with, but could not tell if it was charging at all. Then I used my Xtar charger that has an indicator and could tell that the battery was not charging. Upon further examination, I found that there was an almost invisible film that was left on the contact from the spacer. Actually, it was rather difficult to get it off. I couldn’t just scrape it off with my nail :). I had to use an abrasive cloth to polish it off the contact. Then I was back in the game. With the battery charged, S12 performed as expected.
I do not recall having any of these issues with the first S12 purchase. I really like the light, so I am hoping its performance will hold up. If I did not have prior excellent experience with this light, I could have given up when I received a “non-working” light and sent it back. So I can see where some of the negative reviews came from. However, I like this light and will have to hide it from local diveguides as they seem to like it too :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom