For Sale Want to sell and ask some scubaboard member test and review S12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On next production. I will have some improvements

1: use a reminder note on dive light to show it needs long press to power on
0ddc5ee4-b178-4c82-be69-96d41c4ef94a.jpeg

2: Also A note of sticker on the packaing. To warn again.
6a71b830-fd9f-4e8a-b594-62a45554a70b.jpeg

3: I will use a thin PVC sticker on the battery as a insolation
a51a3397-3510-4493-b5bb-e4f5f0787c9d.jpeg

And also until now, I haven't found the problems about the light cannot work, or cannot power on. But I still need more testers in order to test in a different environment. I would like to make the Nitescuba S12 more reliable and easy to use for every diver.And I think here is a good way to do.

On next production. I will have some improvements

1: use a reminder note on dive light to show it needs long press to power on
0ddc5ee4-b178-4c82-be69-96d41c4ef94a.jpeg

2: Also A note of sticker on the packaing. To warn again.
6a71b830-fd9f-4e8a-b594-62a45554a70b.jpeg

3: I will use a thin PVC sticker on the battery as a insolation
a51a3397-3510-4493-b5bb-e4f5f0787c9d.jpeg

And also until now, I haven't found the problems about the light cannot work, or cannot power on. But I still need more testers in order to test in a different environment. I would like to make the Nitescuba S12 more reliable and easy to use for every diver.And I think here is a good way to do.
I think the S12 is great as it currently is packaged except for the battery sticker. The light won't work if you don't remove ALL adhesive residue from the sticker on the battery. I used some of my flux removal chemical at work to clean up the battery tab. My S20 arrives tomorrow or Saturday and I should have a dive next weekend to compare it. Then I'll post another full review 🥳

The other thing I would do is figure out why Amazon search engine does not pull up the lights by searching nitescuba or S20 etc. I had to use your direct link to find it, otherwise, a bunch of other brands of diving lights come up before yours.

Hello. ALL

I am trying to sell the nitescuba s12 on amazon. but it seems i got some problems.
My S12 dive light have to first take off the insulation sticker on the battery ,second need to long press 1.5s to power on.
But i still got some bad review and feedbacks that someone cannot power on the dive light. So I am here to ask you guys here the scubaboard members help review and test for me.

I will accept 10 members to review and test for me.I want to see the real situation. and I will refund fully .If any one have interest,. Please PM. Thank you so much.
Seems like only one buyer had that experience, others seem very satisfied. I would be happy to test and review if you need another. Just PM me.

Unfortunately mine worked great initially and then I charged the battery and it won’t turn back on. I think it might be the charger it shows green all the time. Could be I have an outlier or am doing something wrong. It did initially work great.

Unfortunately mine worked great initially and then I charged the battery and it won’t turn back on. I think it might be the charger it shows green all the time. Could be I have an outlier or am doing something wrong. It did initially work great.
Roll the battery after setting it in the charger or unplug/plug it back in. That's how my 2 chargers from the S12 and S20 work. I'll be getting an xtar charger soon to replace them and have 4 on it at once

Unfortunately, mine leaked on it's maiden dive. I was usingn it as a backup and pulled it out of my pocket to try out and it was stuck on low-glow. When I got back from the dive and opened it up there was a little bit (trckles) of water inside and corrosion already starting. Main O-rings seem fine.

Update: @minos2014 has preemptively reached out to me to address the issue. :like:

Roll the battery after setting it in the charger or unplug/plug it back in. That's how my 2 chargers from the S12 and S20 work. I'll be getting an xtar charger soon to replace them and have 4 on it at once
Tried a few different times. Think it is a goner.

I just returned from two weeks diving in he Caribbean. My S12 was with me on all dives, which were all in the daytime. Didn't get to use it at night.
The light was used for looking under ledges and in holes.
The long press to turn on/off was a bit irritating, since a quick look in a hole turned into a longer time slot. I ended up just leaving the light on for a long time.
I would prefer a tighter beam for daytime use; the total light output is good, but spread a bit too much, so "lumens on target" were lower than desirable. My old 700 lumen light (with a tight beam) seemed brighter on target.
I like the light...it is small and built well. I don't think it will become my go-to for day dives, but it might for night dives where the beam spread is more desirable and the turn on/off is irrelevant, since it will stay on.

Back
Top Bottom