For Sale Want to sell and ask some scubaboard member test and review S12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven’t tried on mine but can you run it with lithium AA battery as well?

I haven’t tried on mine but can you run it with lithium AA battery as well?
The battery it is designed to work with (lithium 18650) is significantly larger than a AA battery.

Attachments

• 20220524_220128.jpg
    20220524_220128.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 50
I was on a boat in Aruba a few days ago and one of the DMs was using this light. Said he’d only used it for 5-6 dives but he really liked it. He also said he had it to do a review so you should be getting a good one somewhere.

I was on a boat in Aruba a few days ago and one of the DMs was using this light. Said he’d only used it for 5-6 dives but he really liked it. He also said he had it to do a review so you should be getting a good one somewhere.
Was it a DM with Red Sails by any chance?

Sure was.
I bet it was red color and tied to a bolt snap with an orange line :wink:
I left it for him because he liked it so much, so now I am on #2 S12.
small world…
How did you enjoy diving with that op?

Yep, that was him. I liked the dives, didn't have any choice in the op since we booked it as an excursion through Royal Caribbean. I've been out with Red Sail before in Cayman. I think we probably had 12-14 divers on board, and I don't think we were the only dive boat there (in addition to the snorkel boats), so it was a bit crowded at times. I was with my son, and these were his first dives since his OW cert dives about a year ago. He did just fine.

For me, it's another step in my getting back into diving. I found that following a DM around a wreck isn't that appealing, and even if I wasn't going to be doing any penetration I'd rather just be able to poke around and take my own time doing things. More incentive to start getting some additional experience and certifications.

Back
Top Bottom