Venice Beach Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu_in_fl:
found my first meg today - 2 inches long ....viz was pretty crappy and only got 120 small teeth - but the meg made up for it (then a load of pizza with CoolTech !)
It was a nice meg too!

And... yes... a load of pizza :D
====

Dove with single HP 149 today. Bottom time: 241 minutes... let's see... hmmm.... Oh, 4 hours on one dive, and 642 teeth... that's it!

Do you guys dive there during the week? I was thinking about going down there on Wed. morning. I don't really need a buddy but I don't want to be the only dive in the water either.

git-r-dun diver:
Do you guys dive there during the week? I was thinking about going down there on Wed. morning. I don't really need a buddy but I don't want to be the only dive in the water either.

I dive there when I can during the week, usually before work or during lunch, but only when I'm working in the general area. I can't really schedule anything due to the nature of my job (A/C mechanic). Most of the time I won't know where I'll be working until late in the afternoon of the day before.

I got a morning dive in today because I was scheduled at a job in Englewood. Vis was kind of crappy, but got up to 12 ft. if you went far enough out. One flag in the water when I got there and Captian Morgan and his kayak getting ready to go out. Man, I gotta get a kayak. I had probably a 15 minute start on him and he came paddling right by me about 150 yards out. There's a lot of "stringy" stuff suspended in the water. I'm not sure what it is; I saw it last Thursday really thick but it wasn't as bad today. Perhaps it has something to do with after effects of the red tide? Good news is that all the dead fish are gone and the red tide has almost completely abated (for now). Can't say when or if it may return. The evening news is still reporting it in the "area".

Git-R-Dun...I'll post tomorrow afternoon or evening if I can make it for a dive. Are you planning on it whether or not someone else can be in the area? I dive alone there all the time, as do most others who dive it, so it's pretty safe as far as solo dives go. If you would like, I could give you a call at a set time to make sure you made it ok...if I can't make it.

I am planning on Wed. morning. I am about 90% right now. I habve a dive buddy to come along though. Someone from up here has expressed an interest so I am planning on teaming up with him. I appreciate the help. Hope to see you out there.

git-r-dun diver:
I am planning on Wed. morning. I am about 90% right now. I habve a dive buddy to come along though. Someone from up here has expressed an interest so I am planning on teaming up with him. I appreciate the help. Hope to see you out there.

Alas...I have a quasi-emergency that sprang up at a local surgery center, so I won't be able to make the dive in the morning. Not sure how lunchtime is shaping up yet...I may make it then. Rats...it's times like this that I curse Dr. Gorrie and his infernal cooling machine. (well, not really:D)

diversolo:
Alas...I have a quasi-emergency that sprang up at a local surgery center, so I won't be able to make the dive in the morning. Not sure how lunchtime is shaping up yet...I may make it then. Rats...it's times like this that I curse Dr. Gorrie and his infernal cooling machine. (well, not really:D)

Damn the cooling systems! Damn them to hell!!! HAHA I am meeting Scott in the morning at 7:00 here in Brandon and then we are heading down. I believe we will be diving down at Alhambra. Figure we should be there around 8:00. If you can make it there I will be glad to get to meet another scuba junky. If not maybe next time.:D

git-r-dun diver:
Damn the cooling systems! Damn them to hell!!! HAHA I am meeting Scott in the morning at 7:00 here in Brandon and then we are heading down. I believe we will be diving down at Alhambra. Figure we should be there around 8:00. If you can make it there I will be glad to get to meet another scuba junky. If not maybe next time.:D

Well, I ended up not being able to make it. Gotta keep the customers happy. I think I'm going out this morning for a quick dive, tho.

So how did you and Scott do? What were the conditions like? Which site did you do? Find a lot of teeth?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom