Venice Beach Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
There appears to be enough concern about the conditions, and enough people near VB willing to report them.

This seemed like a logical thread for requests and reports.

Everyone agree?

Friday, 7:16 pm, low tide + 2.5 hr.

The last couple of tides have come in without fishcadaver. The water looks somewhat par. The odor is almost nominal. The forecast is light winds in the morning, with Saturday's forecast possibly a little nicer than Sunday. I'm optimistic.

IMGP3857.jpg

IMGP3859.jpg

Walter:
I'll be there (with my dive club) tomorrow morning.

I'll be there as well, but I've got to be early...probably in the water around 7ish. I've gotta be back home in time to take the wife and kids to church.

I think the idea of a VB conditions thread is an awesome idea. Maybe even worthy of a sticky? I'll help out where I can and post after every visit I make.

I agree with thedaddy that looking for sharks teeth makes you feel like a kid...the thrill of finding something. It's very fun and addictive.

That was a great run down of the beach diving down there. I would like it a lot if there were a constant thread about the conditions down there. I would post every time I went. I don't know how much that would be but I would still post.

Conditions this morning were calm with slight surge. Vis was up to 15 ft. in some areas, but seemed to drop to about 5 ft. farther out. No odor or other signs of red tide.

Flat calm when I went in (9:38 AM), 1 ft breakers when I finished my dive (11:20 AM). I found viz to be about 2 ft in shallow, increasing to 6 ft at a depth of 15 - 20 ft. Folks who dived south of the pipes reported better viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom