Venice Beach Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oops...sorry about that. Still don't quite have the image thing right yet. The first pic is the teeth I found yesterday and second is todays haul. Yesterday was my personal best with 110 teeth and today I found 47. Fairly calm with slight swells and very moderate surge. Overall a very nice dive.

Go back and edit your post. Otherwise this thread will be dead in less than a day. Reduce the size.

Nice haul, though

Nice mako!

There must be a time limit on editing. I resized the pics and went back to edit, but the edit tab had disappeared. Sorry about that.

Well, I haven't walked to the beach, I've been otherwise engaged this week. But the airborn evidence is strong for red tide. Go two blocks east and the sneezing & dry cough all but disappears. The early week readings were for medium to high concentrations of k. brevis from Venice Beach to Caspersen.

All day outflowing tides in single cycles this weekend may bring additional murk:
09/02/2006 Sat 06:17AM LDT 2.4 H 03:54PM LDT 0.3 L
09/03/2006 Sun 07:46AM LDT 2.4 H 04:57PM LDT 0.1 L

Those are the only facts I know.

As for speculation, I think we've had a small zephyr of a frontal alignment today that's moving a lot of the bloomin' stuff into the air. The actual bloom could be anywhere nearby and still produce this hazardous air. My odds of me diving: 4:1 against. Odds someone will dive here this weekend: 2:1 in favor.

Excellent update! Thanks!

I won't make the drive to Venice this weekend. Time to call Pompano for a room and a dive.

Thanks again

I appreciate the beach follow up. We drive down from Tampa occasionally and you have saved us a wasted trip on several occasions. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom