Venice Beach Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanBMW:
I appreciate the beach follow up. We drive down from Tampa occasionally and you have saved us a wasted trip on several occasions. Thanks again.

Ditto from Orlando. Thanks again!
Actually, I suspect that when the toothing is _really_ good, you locals complain loudly how bad the vis is to keep from being flooded with outsiders. Then again, I am sure there was a shooter on the grassy knoll.

I'm not sure about BEACH but here is an update from yesterday. Went out about 12 miles. Saw dead fish out to about 6 miles. The vis was 15 and the water was a nice 83 degrees. Didn't actually hit the beach but was told that it is clearing up down south and the Red Tide is moving north. That's the best update I can give you.

Mote Marine has just added a new section to its web site from which you can get updated beach conditions. Go to www.mote.org and then click on envrionmental updates and then on beach conditions. From there you will have a map which covers the Venice Beach area. Life guards update it twice a day.

Had about 15' vis in the 18'-21' depths today
No noticeable red tide. There were dead fish (maybe leftovers from recent days), but there was alot of fish and critters around today. There were alot of shrimp around.

Dove South Brohard Park this afternoon (just South of the pier). Vis was 5 ft. Slight odor to water, but not too bad. Saw lots of crabs, but no live fish (except for one jelly that I almost ran into). Some dead fish on beach, but no fresh kills. Found a few smaller teeth and two broken megs. No where near the proliferation of teeth usually found at Alhambra.

I've dove that spot on several occasions and came back with a couple of megs, but I really don't find a lot of teeth there.

This morning I hear the surf, smell the wind and murmur about red tide. When I go outside, it's worse. Hopefully this is the storm before the calm.

diversolo:
Dove South Brohard Park this afternoon (just South of the pier).

Where is Brohard Park w/respect to Service Park?
(same thing?)

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom