Venice Beach Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm up for that on Sunday, I just need to take it easy on my ears.

CBulla:
Looks like a Lake dive may be in order this weekend... skillz stuff for DM!

I am unfortunate enough that I can't dive this weekend (again) because I have to go away on business. The good news is that I will be in the South Carolina area and I am going to try and get a charter on the Cooper River. I'll let you know how it compares.

thedaddy:
Where is Brohard Park w/respect to Service Park?
(same thing?)

Thanks.

Service Park is just North of Sharkey's and the pier, then about 150 yards South of the pier is Brohard Paw Park (where you can take dogs, I think) then another 100 yards or so farther South is South Brohard Park (where I dove).

I think I'm gonna dive Service Park when I get a chance. I want to see if I can find the plane.

I talked to Wildbill about the plane they did the recovery on, and it was South of the pier, lined up with the runway. He couldn't remember the exact depth, but was about 1/2 mile out.

I have come across something that looked like an airboat frame in 15', off the service club.

Absolutely beautiful conditions at VB-Alhambra this morning. Vis 8-10 ft. and calm seas. Some dead fish, but just left overs, I think. Some stench near the waterline, but mostly from previously rotting fish. Saw 3 flags out when I was exiting the water. Found the usual handful of assorted teeth and one big(but broken) meg.

Did Service Club this morning

No noticable red tide, would say the vis was more in the 15' range out at the 21' 23' depths.
Got a 2 1/8" chocolate lower mako and the usual small teeth.

Florida West is close to shore between Service Club and Alhambra. I could have swam to the boat.

Hi VB divers,
I'm heading down in Dec. and plan on Any suggestions on technique or "digging/scratching" gear" .I have seen posts about using a strainer or collanders
or does it depends on the site bottom. Any sites you can suggest, I have read what Reefguy put together (Thanks RG!),GPS #'s for boat dives,etc.
Thanks in advance,
Meade

Meademac:
Hi VB divers,
I'm heading down in Dec. and plan on Any suggestions on technique or "digging/scratching" gear" .I have seen posts about using a strainer or collanders
or does it depends on the site bottom. Any sites you can suggest, I have read what Reefguy put together (Thanks RG!),GPS #'s for boat dives,etc.
Thanks in advance,
Meade

There may be a few who use a collander or something, but I'm not sure it's really any more effective than just keeping a sharp eye out for teeth lying out in the open. After a while of doing it, you will have a trained eye for the distinctive shape and color of the teeth. At least that's what works for me.

Sunday, 9/17 - 7:30 AM
Current Conditions
Winds from the East 3-5 mph
No smells and no dead stuff

One dive flag is already in the water

Alhambra Report Complete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom