Venice Beach Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I give many of the small ones to kids on the beach, and when we return home I wrap some of them and give them to people for necklaces. The megs are untouchable! My wife and son and daughter all have found their own megs, we sometimes spot one at the same time and an underwater free-for-all ensues......

adurso:
I give many of the small ones to kids on the beach, and when we return home I wrap some of them and give them to people for necklaces. The megs are untouchable! My wife and son and daughter all have found their own megs, we sometimes spot one at the same time and an underwater free-for-all ensues......
Ah, family time... nothing like it!

The family that dives for teeth together... drowns together :D

Dv4fun:
:D If anyone is going tonight after work ~5:30pm , I will be at Sharkeys Pier. It appears high tide will be around 5:00pm and that will give us about 2 hours of light as sunset at 7:20. I dove their last sunday and had to go about 50 yards past end of pier. The slime column in the water appears to be pieces of dead soft coral and various other decaying matter. I did however see hundreds of tiny (1/4") juvenile fish and some of the pillar corals looked pretty healthy, hopefully the soft corals will come back in the next 6 months . I will post conditions after I dive tonight. Thanks

I'm curious how it was this afternoon. I got to Alhambra at 8:15 this morning and the wind and the waves were kicking up pretty good. Wind from the NW approx. 10k, waves 1 to 2 ft. Went South to Caspersen and it was a little better. I like the reef at Caspersen, even if the toothing (teething?) is almost non existant. Vis was 5 to 6, not too bad. Water seemed cooler, but still reading 87. I was a bit chilled after 90 min. bottom time; gonna have to break out the core warmer soon.

Is there any red tide present?

CoolTech:
The family that dives for teeth together...

..Might be hockey fans post game time when the rink is let thaw so it can be removed for Arena Football the next night!

..are the hockey teams Dentists and are retrieving client teeth.

.. may forensics experts retrieving evidence!

.. are just trying to help grandma out after the recent poolside shuffleboard tourney went very wrong!

I haven't had a chance to walk to the beach this morning, but last night in my front yard it smelled like a sperm whale had beached and perished after a beer and chili bender. Everyone was coughing and I did a sneezing tango dance. My son reported small creature kill on the beach at that time. If I get a moment I'll go and look this morning, unless someone else has actually tasted the water by then.

michaelb51:
I haven't had a chance to walk to the beach this morning, but last night in my front yard it smelled like a sperm whale had beached and perished after a beer and chili bender. Everyone was coughing and I did a sneezing tango dance.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: Dude! Coke alert for this type of description! :rofl3: I'm laughing so hard my eyes are tearing!!:rofl3:

Having never smelled a sperm whale that had beached and perished after a beer and chili bender, I'm guessing that's not a good thing :D

What a way to state a smell!!!!! I think I will skip the water today. Beer and Chili... Damn that's ruff!!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom