US Air no longer flies to Grand Cayman during the week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was just told by US Air that my flight on June 9th, a Thursday, to Little Cayman via Grand Cayman, has been cancelled. US Air cancelled fllights to Grand Cayman during the week. Looks like my trip is down the drain? bummer.

If you are booked on US Air you might want to recheck your flight status. I think this will happen to a lot more airlines as fuel prices go up - they will cancel less traveled routes.

Sorry. Bummer. Any chance you can rebook on another airline? American Airlines, Cayman Airways, and Air Jamaica have been maintaining daily service and possibly other airlines too.

Drew Sailbum:
Sorry. Bummer. Any chance you can rebook on another airline? American Airlines, Cayman Airways, and Air Jamaica have been maintaining daily service and possibly other airlines too.

Was just off the phone with travel agent. US Air will not protect the flight wth another carrier because they are chaper 11. I was willing to go on another carrier but the flight would have been more expensive. Now the resort ,Southern Cross Club, is saying they will keep $100 per persn cancellation fee. That seems very unfair, since I had nothing to do with the flight cancellation and the resort, Southern Cross Club, has more than 60 days notice. That is a real bummer!

Will have to reset my count down clock and think of a different destination.

pilot fish:
Was just off the phone with travel agent. US Air will not protect the flight wth another carrier because they are chaper 11. I was willing to go on another carrier but the flight would have been more expensive. Now the resort ,Southern Cross Club, is saying they will keep $100 per persn cancellation fee. That seems very unfair, since I had nothing to do with the flight cancellation and the resort, Southern Cross Club, has more than 60 days notice. That is a real bummer!

Will have to reset my count down clock and think of a different destination.

Is this ALL USAirways flights? Hubby and I just returned from Grand Cayman and we flew USAirways from Philly through Charlotte, Tues. the 15th through Tues. the 22nd with no problems. Is this just from your city/point of origin?

Yazmeen:
Is this ALL USAirways flights? Hubby and I just returned from Grand Cayman and we flew USAirways from Philly through Charlotte, Tues. the 15th through Tues. the 22nd with no problems. Is this just from your city/point of origin?

Yes, it's all US Air. Beginning May 9th all flights to GC out of Charlotte during the week, Mon to Fri, are cancelled. They will not even protect the flight with another carrier. You were lucky. I had to cancel my trip to Little Cayman thru GC. Bummer

pilot fish:
Yes, it's all US Air. Beginning May 9th all flights to GC out of Charlotte during the week, Mon to Fri, are cancelled. They will not even protect the flight with another carrier. You were lucky. I had to cancel my trip to Little Cayman thru GC. Bummer

That's awful. I have to admit our flight to GC was barely half full from Charlotte, although the flight returning to Charlotte was pretty packed. Guess they were losing money on them. Unfortunately, USAirways is just not a safe bet anymore for travel. Thanks for letting us know, and I'm sorry your trip was ruined. LC is a great island. I hope you're able to schedule another trip soon.

Yazmeen:
That's awful. I have to admit our flight to GC was barely half full from Charlotte, although the flight returning to Charlotte was pretty packed. Guess they were losing money on them. Unfortunately, USAirways is just not a safe bet anymore for travel. Thanks for letting us know, and I'm sorry your trip was ruined. LC is a great island. I hope you're able to schedule another trip soon.

Thanks, Yazmeen. I'm getting a 100% refund, from resort, Southern Cross Club, and airline. Yeah, US Air requires some thought, if this is what happens to travelers. Thinking about Ambergris Caye, Belize now.

Nothing could be more true.

Their customer service is non existant. They have no clue how to fix problems in a timely fashion. Management is clueless. Sickouts, etc. They don't give a damn about the customer.

The sooner this airline dies off, the better.

Yazmeen:
Unfortunately, USAirways is just not a safe bet anymore for travel.

Back
Top Bottom