Grand Cayman Customs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at the Meet and Greet I also found that Island Air does them, and are a bit less expensive then the airport's M&G program. They have good reviews too, although they are a couple of years old.

Coming in at 3pm, you will be fine with 2 hours. The real crush of flights is between about 1130 and 2pm on Saturdays. Later than that, there are only a couple of flights to worry about. United gets in around 3:35pm and we have never had trouble making the 5:10pm to Little.

Consider also cayman air direct from Miami to Brac. It connects on the way back ... but if you're all meeting in MIA it could be another option for you. (we're going to try it for the first time in January)

Consider also cayman air direct from Miami to Brac. It connects on the way back ... but if you're all meeting in MIA it could be another option for you. (we're going to try it for the first time in January)
We looked at the Cayman Air flight direct from Miami but we could not get into Miami early enough to make a same day flight, so we would have to spend the night in Miami. I liked the idea of the direct flight since the large aircraft allowed for more baggage weight (I have camera gear) .The direct flight back leaves early on Saturday and we were worried about missing out on Friday's dives, since we would not have a 24 hour break.

Coming in at 3pm, you will be fine with 2 hours. The real crush of flights is between about 1130 and 2pm on Saturdays. Later than that, there are only a couple of flights to worry about. United gets in around 3:35pm and we have never had trouble making the 5:10pm to Little.
That is good to hear. This is my first trip to Cayman and I don't like not knowing, especially when 6 other people are following my lead.

We (8 pax) arrive on the 1:30pm Sat United arrival from Newark. CA then wants us to make the 2:45pm to Brac. Then onto LC. The 5:10 is full.

They (CA) randomly cancelled our original flight to LC which was scheduled at 3:40pm. We are moaning mightily at CA to see what they can do for us.

We looked at the Cayman Air flight direct from Miami but we could not get into Miami early enough to make a same day flight, so we would have to spend the night in Miami. I liked the idea of the direct flight since the large aircraft allowed for more baggage weight (I have camera gear) .The direct flight back leaves early on Saturday and we were worried about missing out on Friday's dives, since we would not have a 24 hour break.
Yea, I am not looking forward to the early early 7am departure. At least the airport is next to the resort :)
I'm also debating the morning dive leaving 19 hours before the flight. We usually like to have a day off to dry the gear and extra time to off gas... so will probably take that day off anyway. It will be hard not to go out on those paid dives...

It will be our first time to Brac. Loved the wall diving east Cayman. We are excited to go (as I'm sure your group is too!!)
We'll post some news on the resort in Jan when we go.

We (8 pax) arrive on the 1:30pm Sat United arrival from Newark. CA then wants us to make the 2:45pm to Brac. Then onto LC. The 5:10 is full.

They (CA) randomly cancelled our original flight to LC which was scheduled at 3:40pm. We are moaning mightily at CA to see what they can do for us.

You are now at GC??

Yea, I am not looking forward to the early early 7am departure. At least the airport is next to the resort :)
I'm also debating the morning dive leaving 19 hours before the flight. We usually like to have a day off to dry the gear and extra time to off gas... so will probably take that day off anyway. It will be hard not to go out on those paid dives...

It will be our first time to Brac. Loved the wall diving east Cayman. We are excited to go (as I'm sure your group is too!!)
We'll post some news on the resort in Jan when we go.
I am not going to tell you you should or shouldn't dive, as that is a personal risk decision. But do keep in mind that the diving on Brac and Little is all from moored locations and you are not required to follow the dive master in the water. You can choose to dive shallow if you want and you won't be missing much. What my wife and I typically do on our last day of diving if we are flying out on one of the early flights is keep the first dive shallower, like a bottom depth of 60', and then treat the second dive as an extended deco stop and stay above 40'. There is plenty to see in the shallower areas and most of the mooring pins are in about 25-30' of water for the dive sites they use for second dives. They should have an outdoor drying rack or you can find a place near the dock or pool to dry your gear in the sun and it will be dry in plenty of time for you to pack it up. I haven't been to Brac in a while, but on Little they have a little sun deck on the dock near the boats and it was the perfect place to hang a BC off the rail in the sun to dry it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom