Unrest? Really?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I published a warning NOT to engage in political debate in this forum, and I opened a new thread in the Pub where you may debate to your heart's content. But several members have chosen to ignore this warning. Bans have been imposed.

The link that you've added a couple of posts above gives a message that I don't have permissions to see the thread, our something like that.

Sent from my GT-I9000

That is probably because the thread is in The Pub. You will need to opt in to visit The Pub. Beware, opinions and political discussions are to be found there.
The link that you've added a couple of posts above gives a message that I don't have permissions to see the thread, our something like that.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Sent from my GT-I9000
Did you not see the sentence that explained that you need to change your permission group settings on your User CP page?
Note that the Pub is an opt-in segment of ScubaBoard which you may access through your User CP by selecting "Regulars" from the Permissions Groups listing.

We just returned from 10 days diving with Emperors in Marsa Alam (day boats and a live aboard). Things are all quiet in Port Ghalib, boats are going as usual. We had a transfer to Hurghada on the way back and we encountered no problems either. Flying through Cairo airport is not an issue, business as usual. If you're planning to fly a charter just make sure they have not cancelled the flight, most are these days. Just FYI.

We are going!! just booked up at sensatori as we really like the house reef ras ghamila having dived it in march with Sinai divers. Going to give ocean college a whirl as they are on site. Worst bit for me is NOT the unrest BUT flying. I hate flying nearly as much as MR T (The A-team for anyone who can remember lol)
We thought long and hard before booking and decided to just go for it. The Egyption people have made us so welcome in the past and its got to be a struggle now for them to pay the bills. I have spoken to people who have just returned and they are saying just go everything will be fine.
At the end of the day there is a risk in everything, diving is not the safest hobby in the world and many will not dive as they are afraid of the risks and what can go wrong but as with diving its about minimizing the risks. The only way to eliminate the risk totally is not go or in the case of diving don't dive. I think the tiny risk that is involved is worth it both in diving and for my holiday in Egypt. Oh yes and flying lol!

Just got back today from two weeks in Sharm at sensatori. dived with Ocean College. Did 14 dives in total including ras mo and tiran. Looking to book again now while prices are low. Didn't seem any different to when we were there in March or last October. Sensatori was full but Barons resort where we went in March was empty which is a shame. Most hotels were half capacity as only English and Egyptians seem to be there.
I am no risk taker but would not hesitate to return and take my family. If you are thinking about it, JFDI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom