Two questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering about all of you that own your own dive tanks, what do they look like? Do they have a tank protector around them? Do they look all banged up? Have stickers everywhere? Are you color coordinated?

Then the second part. Those of you who dive with people that own their own tanks, What do you like to see on a tank? A current VI sticker with a fresh coat of paint?

What do my tanks look like? They are still kindof new and are galvanized, not painted. They are starting to show a little wear. No tank protector, and stickers don't stick to the finish.

I guess I rely on the reputable dive shops that my buddies frequent to make sure that their vips are good else they would not have air to burn with me... So, really I don't care what their tanks look like :wink:. But I do like the bright yellow ones if I have to choose a color.

-kate

Good question ,We have a mix, pretty pink and blue 80s beat up 72s,80s and stages and beat-up doubles(try lifting 100lbs on a rolling deck)All vip and o2 stickers.The stages have either o2 MOD 20 or a big sticker to write in the mix and MOD.

I have a brushed aluminum tank in aluminum color with the word dive printed on it with the graphic of a diver at a dive site. Got a screaming deal on it. The shop owner gave it to me at the cost of a regular tank because he had sold out all his other tanks!

Gotta love a good deal like that. My wifey bought it for me for our anniversay. Or I should say she let me get it for me.

My two Pressed Steel HP100s have nitrox stickers wrapped around them, VIPs on the bottom, boots and my last name printed on them around the neck. Gotta have the name, else someone might claim them as their own! Damnest thing about some boats, people just assume that any tank aboard is ok for them to hook up too. What tickels me is if I see someone with a yoke reg setting up on one of my tanks, I'll usually wait until they are scratching their head wandering why their reg won't fit the DIN valve, then I enlighten them. Cruel I know, but a guy has to have a laugh every now and then you know. :) And you'd be surprised at the people that will try it, even with my name plastered on the neck.

My 2 AL80s are just brushed aluminum with a VIP sticker. I like the paintless tanks because they don't scratch.

I like paintless tanks as well. If I didn't have to rely on dive shops for gas, there would be a minimum of stickers on my tanks -- next year I hope.

Mike

Originally posted by Warhammer
My two Pressed Steel HP100s have nitrox stickers wrapped around them, VIPs on the bottom, boots and my last name printed on them around the neck. Gotta have the name, else someone might claim them as their own! Damnest thing about some boats, people just assume that any tank aboard is ok for them to hook up too. What tickels me is if I see someone with a yoke reg setting up on one of my tanks, I'll usually wait until they are scratching their head wandering why their reg won't fit the DIN valve, then I enlighten them. Cruel I know, but a guy has to have a laugh every now and then you know. :) And you'd be surprised at the people that will try it, even with my name plastered on the neck.

My 2 AL80s are just brushed aluminum with a VIP sticker. I like the paintless tanks because they don't scratch.

You want me to have my name on my tank! But it would ruin the coolness of it. But I guess I hadn't really thought of it, but I should put my name on it. I would hate to have to knock the crap outta someone who claimed it was their tank!

All our tanks have brushed alum or galv. finish. Nitrox tanks have Nitrox wrap stickers and all tanks have current VIP stickers and tank boots. All tanks have our name either written around the neck or our initials punched into them. Ponies are yellow or black.

My favorite tanks are the PST HP65 and HP80.

My PST Steel HP 120s are naked except for the Nitrox bands, vis stickers and boots. My Silver al 80s have blue mesh and boots. Will prabably scrap the netting soon. Looking rather ragedy. I did see a bit of inner tube to hold the netting nicely, but I have not found the right tube.

:tease:

Back
Top Bottom