Two questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my tanks - (all Faber steel)

Beat-up yellow (origional) paintjobs - no stickers (europe doesn't allow inspection 'stickers') or protector.

This is except my new EN144 tank that has funky black and white quaters on the top.

Jon

I have four brushed AL 80's, the only thing on them are their VIP stickers and black tank boots. My steel 104's are wrapped with the green Nitrox sticker VIP sticker, and of course, both have black boots. Like Warhammer, I also have printed the initial of my first name and my entire last name around the neck of all my tanks. Marking all ones gear cuts down on a lot of confusion, especially on a dive boat.:tree:Bob

Name on tanks -- I like that idea. I own an OMS LP 98 (Faber). Anyone have good suggestions of what to use to print your name on this type of tank without the printing washing off?

I 've just used a big thick waterproof marker pen (that I nicked from the lab). Every year or so it starts faiding I just go over it.

Model makers enamel paint also works well.

Jon T

My wife used gold paint pen to mark our tanks. As you can tell I have a very unusual last name.

I bought my tanks used so they are scuffed pretty good. I absolutely hate the mesh tank protectors so I don't have one on either tank. One is black and the other is yellow. I do seem to remember from class many moons ago that you are not supposed to plaster stickers all over the side of tanks as it can hide dents, rust, etc

Tom

my bottles look like they've banged into
stuff, etc. which is exactly what has happened.

large_diver,
I bought my marker at the LDS, the name is Brite-Mark. It's a yellow paint marker made by mark-tex corp. I put my name on my tanks about three years ago, after some guy tried to claim my then brand new tank after a boat dive. If your names on it, no question. The discussion with this guy got real urgent and I decided this wouldn't happen to me again. The Brite-Mark works well, I've only had to touch up my name once since the above incident, about three years.:tree:Bob

Brushed AL with my LDSs cooL Texas flag VIP sticker. Did just purchase a new one that's got a clear coat on it, and time will tell how it scars up. It's a good idea to have any of your equiptments serial #s logged in your book along with a back up copy in the lock up at home.

and use the wifes nail polish to paint my name on the tank neck. REDUNTANCY

BTW, they are lp85s (can be doubles) and hp100

I recently bought a pair of OMS LP Steel 98s (Faber). They have a grey-enamel type of finish, and I have no plans to add any stickers or mesh to them. When I bought them, the rep at my LDS carefully wrote my last name around the top of the tank which is lucky because my writing is terrible.

Large_diver, I noticed that all of the LDS's in my area carry pens in many colors for writing on tanks and other scuba equipment that appear to be an enamel type of paint that's more permanent than typical black felt permanent markers. Your shop may have them

Cheers,

Rick

Back
Top Bottom