Unknown Two dead off Rockport MA

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met Lisa & Gerald (owner of Jupiter Dive Center) in May 2021 in Socorro. I happened to look to my left while diving and she took my picture. Do I look like having problem being in horizontal position while diving in the picture, below?

View attachment 826002
So you are able to control your body through muscle action well enough to overcome the disadvantages of your gear. Congratulations! It often takes divers more than 50 dives to gain the experience necessary to do that.

Similarly, when I first learned to dive, I purchased a back inflate BCD. I had no trouble whatsoever floating upright on the surface with it, and it was not for several years that I learned that my BCD was supposed to push me over onto my face. I had simply learned to adopt a body position on the surface that put me upright without any apparent effort. I do the same thing now with a backplate and wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom