Unknown Two dead off Rockport MA

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear that.

If you really can't imagine how two divers can die on one dive in good conditions, you really need to study a little more about diving accidents. My first thought was bad air as well, but the reality is probably something more mundane, like one buddy gets in trouble and the other tries to help and it all spirals out of control. Hell it could have been two senior citizens who over exerted themselves.

If you really can't imagine how two divers can die on one dive in good conditions, you really need to study a little more about diving accidents. My first thought was bad air as well, but the reality is probably something more mundane, like one buddy gets in trouble and the other tries to help and it all spirals out of control. Hell it could have been two senior citizens who over exerted themselves.

I read about plenty of accidents, and bad air came to my mind as well. but really not enough information yet.
I’m sure it will be analyzed, and I hope issue will be discussed but often there is no follow up on details to learn from.

There's literally nothing (yet) to suggest this was a bad air incident.

The only details we have are that there were two divers, one if not both aged in their 70s, out on a coldwater dive to test gear before a trip. Any number of things could have gone wrong.

There is no information right now. Hence why I'm waiting for any opinions or comments.

From what I read on FB, one of them was a fairly well known underwater photographer. I have been diving in that area. The water temps are in the 50s this time of year and the shore dive they were doing (assumedly) was either Front or Back Beach in Rockport. It can get rip currents an I read that offshore seas were running a bit high, 4-6’.

Very unfortunate, my prayers go out to the familie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom