Travel fin- Hollis F2 Vs. Aeris Accel or some other fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lriemann

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm looking for a lightweight, small sized diving fin for my oversize size 14 US feet...
Will mostly be used for warm water diving in Asia and some snorkeling.
Nothing technical, just down to 30 meters.
So far I'm a flutterer, but open to new kicks.

If length was not an issue I'd probably take Avanti Quattros.

Right now looks like it's Hollis F2 and the Aeris.
Aeris seems to be lighter.
Got good reviews and all.
No metal strap, for good or bad.

F2 looks a little cooler.
Some complain about its lack of power.

Any insight on the two, or a tip on a third candidate?

Cheers!

Aeris Accel's . I actually have the oceanic version, (same thing, both come from Hollis) They're so good for travel that I use them all time at home.

The Mares X stream sure are light, but they don't seem very durable and some claim they lack power.
I checked them out at a shop.

I have zero experience with force fins.
I do know lots of people don't like them.
And they also seem to be not so good for snorkeling (?)
But i'm open minded.

Part of the problem is that i don't live in the US and can't check out the fins at the shops, though I might visit in November or December.
Seriously considering getting used F2's AND Accel's on Ebay, then decide which I keep and which I sell.
Or maybe there's a big dive store in NYC or NJ which carries all these models?
Then I can check exact size, weight, fit and maybe performance.

I had Accels and sold them; not enough power and uncomfortable. I only use my F2s in the Aquarium I volunteer in....not enough power. I travel with my Deep 6 Eddys.

I like my F2's but agree they dont generate much power. Back, helicopter, frog kicks are great though. Lack of power is not too much of a biggie for me since I HATE swimming against the current

Scubapro GO fins, so far the best warm water fins I’ve tried, they work for frog as well as flutter.

I've used my ForceFins for travel.....

Hated the F2s, found them very uncomfortable, and for a travel fin always wondered why the foot pocket was so big. Couldn't get a good fit. Sold them. Owned the Accels, very light, still has a big foot pocket, nice control, found them lacking in any sort of current, true of most short blade fins. Now travel with my DR XTs, same fin as I use locally. I gave up on an all travel rig and gear a few years ago now I use the same gear I use at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom