Lightweight tech fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried the Avanti Quattro. I can see why people love it. However, its turns (esp helicopters) are nowhere near as tight as my Gull Supermew XX even though they have comparable power. The AQ seems to require more steady ankles than the XX. Still vastly prefer the XX.

Why aren't slipstreams on your list? IMO the best all around light jet fin-style fins around

Whoops, just saw that they're not small enough
I had the exact same response... OMS is my go-to when I need a light fin, but I don't need a small.

I've also tried the Gull Mantis fins and quite enjoyed it. Lighter kicks than Supermew XX (and Mares AQ) but pretty much equally powerful. Feels a bit more subtle perhaps due to being 5cm/2in shorter (and maybe half a pound/200gr lighter?). I think I can work with it as my travel lightweight tech fins. Even the XX can fit in my small carryon suitcase, I should have no problem with the Mantis.

Honestly finding it hard for any others to beat these Gull fins. My JOW kid, due to his serious medical condition of being a preteen, used to smack talk my XX for no apparent reason, swearing he would never use them despite my repeated offering. One time the dive op didn't have smaller fins for him so he had to use my XX. The second we surfaced, he told me he was stealing them.

Rubber fins rule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom