Buying my first set of fins. Which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried Apeks RK3 at shop, and their foot pocket was super comfortable. But they seem little floppy.

ps. I agree on the RK3. Too floppy for my taste.

The Eddy fins are also rubber, so they are virtually indestructible.

Indestructible yes, rubber no. They are made of a specially designed thermoplastic. It is how we made them neutral in the water.

At my current shop, literally every single instructor uses Eddy fins. And we don't get any kind of deal on them. Deep6Gear doesn't really do "dealerships". So, all of us using them pretty much paid full price for them.

We have been doing dealerships for several years now. Overall, I believe we have been doing so for the majority of time we have been in business.

Your current shop is also a dealer, which concerns me if this is what is being said there.

Cheers,
Landon

We have been doing "dealerships" for several years now. Overall, I believe we have been doing so the majority of time we have been in business.

Your current shop is also a dealer, which concerns me if this is what is being said there.

Cheers,
Landon

Well, that is on me. I know we stock your fins. I just didn't realize we have a formal dealership arrangement. I never actually asked you-know-who about it. I had heard a long time ago that you had a select few demo centers, but no formal dealers. The only discounts were a small referral fee for some instructors that you had specific arrangements with.

I never got the memo (LOL!) that you had started offering "normal" dealership arrangements. Since I have not personally ever been in a position to be a dealer myself, I never paid that much attention to it.

My bad! Apologies to anyone who may feel mislead by my recommendation of the Eddy fins, now knowing that my shop is actually a dealer!

@stuartv Demo Centers are one specific type of dealer/reseller we have. There are also 3 other (lower) dealer levels plus ambassador/affiliate levels for specific instructors. All can stock and operate in the 'traditional' dealer model if they would like.

Hope you are well :)

@stuartv Demo Centers are one specific type of dealer/reseller we have. There are also 3 other (lower) dealer levels plus ambassador/affiliate levels for specific instructors. All can stock and operate in the 'traditional' dealer model if they would like.

Hope you are well :)
Is there a Demo Center/Dealer/Reseller on Maui by chance?

SP Go Travel fit in my roll-on along with my plate/wing and enough clothes for a week or more and fit me perfectly for all-boat diving. They are a little soft but very comfortable in just a pair of socks.

Deep6Eddy’s are great when I need to wear booties for shore entry but don’t fit in my roll-on and I have to carry booties. Stiffer and fit well.

I have Superchannel full foot and numerous Jets but I only travel with the Go Travels and the Eddy’s.

Trying to decide which fins I'm gonna buy. I'm heavy legged, so fins should be positive or neutral in water. I'm backpacker so fins should fit to my 65L checked in backpack (maximum height 68cm). Light weight is also huge plus. Also looking little bit stiffer and more powefull fins in current than those usual floppy dive shop rental ones.

Most of my time I use frog kick. And I'll be using these fins to snorkeling too. Diving only in warm waters using 3mm wetsuit.

Searched all the online shops from Finland and these fins are only one they sell with my size(XL). And I wanna buy from local stores because I can try and return those.

- Apeks RK3 (120€)
- Apeks RK3 HD (120€)
- Scubapro go sport (114€)
- Scubapro go travel (78€)
- Mares Avanti quattro+ (104€)
- Tecline lightjet (115€)
- Dive rite XT (140€)

My personal favourite is tecline, even though I haven't tried them yet. I just like to style of jet fins and these have steel springs too. But can't find much of reviews from these (only few in here).

I tried Apeks RK3 at shop, and their foot pocket was super comfortable. But they seem little floppy.

Also Scubapro go sport/travel seems very interesting
heavy legged ? last week a guy post he had floaty feet 😂😂😂 you should go dive with him.

Trying to decide which fins I'm gonna buy. I'm heavy legged, so fins should be positive or neutral in water. I'm backpacker so fins should fit to my 65L checked in backpack (maximum height 68cm). Light weight is also huge plus. Also looking little bit stiffer and more powefull fins in current than those usual floppy dive shop rental ones.

Most of my time I use frog kick. And I'll be using these fins to snorkeling too. Diving only in warm waters using 3mm wetsuit.

Searched all the online shops from Finland and these fins are only one they sell with my size(XL). And I wanna buy from local stores because I can try and return those.

- Apeks RK3 (120€)
- Apeks RK3 HD (120€)
- Scubapro go sport (114€)
- Scubapro go travel (78€)
- Mares Avanti quattro+ (104€)
- Tecline lightjet (115€)
- Dive rite XT (140€)

My personal favourite is tecline, even though I haven't tried them yet. I just like to style of jet fins and these have steel springs too. But can't find much of reviews from these (only few in here).

Also Scubapro go sport/travel seems very interesting

Scubapro Seawing Supernova Fin

Too flimsy ^^ I felt the same with the GoTravel or GoSport. I don't recall which model. It's my black pair that fits in a carry-on with soft foot pads but doesn't provide propulsion for a washing machine situation. Monoprene is great and all, but if it is flopsy...no. I bought a pair of Gorillas last summer and love them --they are stiff and at first, I had to get used to not moving. Since they offer lifetime warranty, I will not be getting another pair especially its versatility for when I wear a dry suit but then their Supernovas came out that pretty much combined the practicality of carry-on travel for short getaways and the science of water movement.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom