Buying my first set of fins. Which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving the RK3 for about 4 years now. I'm surprised people were telling you they don't give much power.

It's all relative.

Kinda depends what you're used to. I found the non HD to be floppy, I can generate a whole bunch more power out of the XTs. Also for me as stated, in smallest size the RK3 have much less surface area. Numerous variables and as with most things YMMV.

It's all relative.

Kinda depends what you're used to. I found the non HD to be floppy, I can generate a whole bunch more power out of the XTs. Also for me as stated, in smallest size the RK3 have much less surface area. Numerous variables and as with most things YMMV.
Fair point. I'm not a small human, so my RK3s are pretty big.

I love my Mares Superchannels (close cousins to the Avanti Quattros!). The Quattros are a bit stiffer and have a little more power...I will probably move to them when/if my current pair of superchannels ever gives out.

Which, after almost 400 dives and regular abuse (they live in the bed of my truck) doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon!

I have the Avanti Quattros and got them when certified. I don't regret that purchase at all, they have been great and still going strong. However, now as I age, I am getting calf cramps and looking for a smaller blade. I don't go fast, so power is not an issue. I am getting the Go Sports due to the smaller blade and hopefully less cramps. It will also be easier to pack for travel.

I have the Avanti Quattros and got them when certified. I don't regret that purchase at all, they have been great and still going strong. However, now as I age, I am getting calf cramps and looking for a smaller blade. I don't go fast, so power is not an issue. I am getting the Go Sports due to the smaller blade and hopefully less cramps. It will also be easier to pack for travel.

The Go-Sports will produce fewer cramps due to the foot pocket design being fully supportive under your heel. The Go-Sports are the Best Fin Ever except I am saving my pennies for the new Go-Sport Grorrila. I would not mind just a tiny little more backbone in the foot pocket to blade transition. And I have said that all along.

The Go-Sports will produce fewer cramps due to the foot pocket design being fully supportive under your heel. The Go-Sports are the Best Fin Ever except I am saving my pennies for the new Go-Sport Grorrila. I would not mind just a tiny little more backbone in the foot pocket to blade transition. And I have said that all along.
I'm also decided to buy either go sports, go sports gorillas or tecline lightjets. Have to wait that I can order gorillas from Finland first

I have been diving Tusa Hyflex switch and I love them, such an easy kick, but I have been working out and my legs are a lot stronger, so I tried the Super Novas, it was a bit of a shock at first at how stiff they were, but I adjusted rather quick, and I do like them. If you have strong legs and want a positively buoyant fin, go for the Super Nova, or the Nova gorilla . The go sports are great, but if you are looking for a stiffer fin, they are not, but check the more recent reviews on the go sport gorillas.

Rk3. You already said they fit well. That's most important.

Then the Supernovas. Yeah, I'm not thrilled about fins that can come apart, but it's travel rec diving. [Bring some line.]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom