Lightweight tech fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMS Jets. Lightweight and fit well.

deep 6 eddy is best for most, hollis f1 LT a close 2nd. oms slipstreams if you don't hate the pocket. rk3/go sport/f2 aren't quite as much propulsion for pushing multiple tanks with some current.

Some of my friends have had bad luck with the Eddy foot pockets. I’m not sure if they have a high instep but I know multiple people who have had to either cut the top of the fin off or switch to a different fin.

My vote is for the Accel, I’ve used them with a rebreather and bailouts and while not the most power, it’s been fine.

I'll take a look into the Go Sport. It seems Go Sport - Storm - Accel are fairly similar, with Storm not needing booties (huge plus). I wonder how the Storm performs against the Go Sport and the Accel.

OMS Slipstream doesn't have size S.

I don't think I've come across any criticism of the Deep 6 Eddy other than the foot pocket, which is likely just a personal fit issue. Are there any drawbacks re: these fins?

How about the regular Mew if you want a lighter fin? I like rubber fins :wink:
me too!!! But they are very heavy and I don't want actual full foot fins.

I have both Mares Avanti Quattro+ and the Tecine Lightjet... they feel very similar in the water. Obviously, the Teclines are shorter and a touch wider, but just as powerful as the Mares. They weigh the same too: 2020 grams a pair (Regular/Large).

Why aren't slipstreams on your list? IMO the best all around light jet fin-style fins around

Whoops, just saw that they're not small enough

HOG Tech2? HOG Tech 2 Fin

My wife used to dive these before switching to Jets out of a need for a heavier fin for drysuit diving. I don't know how they compare with the other options you listed. I believe the HOG Tech2 is somewhat larger than the Hollis F2 that you say doesn't meet your needs, but the Tech2 is still a somewhat compact fin.

Used to dive the Hollis F1s until I went CCR, then rolled to Deep 6 for the lighter weight. Not quite as stiff as the F1s, but enough power to deal with CCR and bottles. I also tried ScubaPro Go Sports for a travel fin, but found they was no go! Ended up with another pair of Deep 6's, just a size smaller. I use rock boots and found the foot pocket was great for don/doff, and there was no issue with booties either. Just my 2 cents.

Eddys don’t come in small. It’s small/medium. How did they fit?
HOG Tech2? HOG Tech 2 Fin

My wife used to dive these before switching to Jets out of a need for a heavier fin for drysuit diving. I don't know how they compare with the other options you listed. I believe the HOG Tech2 is somewhat larger than the Hollis F2 that you say doesn't meet your needs, but the Tech2 is still a somewhat compact fin.

I tried these fins. Very short! I had a picture of them next to my Eddys and they were a good bit shorter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom