Tooth squeeze with implants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can you still dive with implants? Or do you get tooth squeeze. My entire upper palate is implants - 6 screws. My dentist doesn't know. You think he would- it cost 32K.

Much mahalo,
Kit Teague PADI Instructor # 10197

I've had an implant since I started diving, has never once been an issue.

The only thing I could think of, is that you are well healed and adjusted first. I grind my teeth when I dive so if I had a whole row would just make sure I hadn't had any pain in a while

I have two implants and have had no problems. Cannot tell the difference between the implants and my own teeth.

There are no nerve connections to the implant.
If there was air trapped between the abutment and the crown, and it expanded rapidly, it might loosen the crown.
A loose filling is more of a concern.

I have four caps and four veneers. No problems.

There are no nerve connections to the implant.
If there was air trapped between the abutment and the crown, and it expanded rapidly, it might loosen the crown.
A loose filling is more of a concern.
Is is always a small gap with air by design. However, that (tiny) trapped gas volume doesn’t communicate with he environment, I.e. doesn’t know what the outside pressure is. So it’s a non issue.

I have experienced some minor discomfort with my rear root canals and caps. It took 3 sessions to do just one root canal, due to the multiple branches, so mine aren't a common case. I've never had pain, just a small, dull ache on deep dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom