Review Dental Care Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used her for a deep cleaning and plan to soon get a fixed bridge on one side and a crown replacement on the other.
I was going to 'like' your post, but I don't want to give the wrong impression. Sorry you might need the work - but she's a good choice. Getting the work done there instead of the US will pay for your dive expenses.

I think you should have waited and went to see your own endodontist.
And what is your profession?

I have heard stories, you know.... a friend of a friend type stuff, of Americans going to Cozumel for dental work. I had never heard from anyone directly. It is good to see this and to know the stories are true.

I have heard stories, you know.... a friend of a friend type stuff, of Americans going to Cozumel for dental work. I had never heard from anyone directly. It is good to see this and to know the stories are true.
I got my two sets of dentures in Cancun over the decades because their lab work and turnaround time was faster. The last set turned into a bigger hassle tho, so next time I'll just plan a longer stay in Cozumel and get them there. I did lose a tooth out of the last set once, went thru the trash twice but not finding it. It was a canine so I just lived without it until I could get back to Cozumel and got it replaced at this office. Took 30 minutes, perfect match, and cheap. US dentists wouldn't talk to me without a big workup other than to say they'd have to set them to an out-of-town lab.

It's common along the border for Americans to cross into Mexico for dental work. Many border town Mexican dentists send vans across to pick folks up and guarantee safety as border towns tend to be risky.

We've been diving COZ for 20+ years now and a dive friend we made and have known now for 6+ years (we generally dive together as our trips seem to match up and he has since purchased a residency on the island). Well, he had extensive dental work done a few years ago with full crowns across multiple front teeth that needed to be fixed.

Bottom line, he said he got all of that work done for what it would have cost to have 1 tooth fixed in the states. It was fully professional, they did a bunch of work 1 day and he left with a "temporary" set (we had dinner together and he was eating with his temporary set that night) and then he went back for the permanents after they had been made a few days later (can't remember how many days).

I don't remember the name of the dentist he used but don't kid yourselves, there is top quality dental care to be had on Coz at a fraction of the cost in the states. Your Delta Dental coverage (if you have it) won't pay for any of that level of work with its annual limits. What are ya gonna do? Get 1 tooth fixed annually over the next 8 years when they all need fixed now?

If you are paying out-of-pocket for extensive dental care, the cost of Flights + Accommodations + Diving + The Dental care you need will be less than you'd pay for that dental work alone in the states.

I had my teeth cleaned there the other day. I changed my time a few times as I made other plans, finally went - 30 minutes, nice work, $35USD paid in Pesos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom