Tooth squeeze with implants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! If area 5 is not threaded as @Tool Belt mentioned, is the abutment secured to the post with cement? If so, would there still be an air space?

@Tool Belt, if the area is threaded and torqued, I don't imagine there's any possibility of air ingress with pressurization, is there? Interesting thread, thank you to all the dental professionals who contributed!

Best regards,
DDM

Correct, with the threaded, cemented, or 1.5 degree Bicon "fitted taper" there will not be any air ingress with pressurization.

Great stuff, thanks Drs.

I found this Xray of my implant prior to the tooth being fixed. I dived with this for a couple of weeks before the final tooth was screwed in

full

What about zygomatic implants? Can an all-on-four with 2 or 4 zygomatic implants affect equalizing? My wife never had any problem equalizing, but is now contemplating this procedure; either that or a sinus lift.

Should have no affect on clearing sinus. The zygomatic implants are simply an implant angled into the zygomatic process for immediate stabilization. The surgical guide designed from the CT scan assures placement into bone and not into a sinus.

I would allow 6 -8 weeks before diving. No real studies on bone integration on immediate load implants under increased atmospheric pressures. There are limited studies on NSAIDS and interference with bone healing, so take Tylenol or tramedol for the pain after the initial placement. After that , enjoy a steak dinner. Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom