• Yes, I do pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 548 72.3%
  • No, I dont pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 190 25.1%
  • No comment

Votes: 20 2.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geoff_H:
So what would you do if you didn't need to pee on entry, then you're absolutely bursting 10 minutes into the dive? To the extent you're in excrucitating pain clenching your muscles to hold it in?

I'm guessing you dive in relatively warm water, or you don't endure the same physiological reaction as the rest of us!

Yeah, the relatively warm waters of Mass. :shakehead As I said, it's just not a problem. Diving dry now that the water is under 50F. And guess what, I still haven't had to pee myself!

One of the reasons I don't walk around the boat barefoot. :wink:

Spit in you suit, pee in your mask? Sounds about right...

Oh please, it's urine people! It's not radioactive waste! If you're in a wetsuit, let it flow. Flush a little before you get back on the boat. If you haven't peed in your wetsuit yet, you need to dive more.

Never done it yet, but I'm diving this weekend "Wet" and there is 4" of snow on the ground, so Saturday may be the first. Haha!

DivingCRNA:
The real interesting poll would be "Who has accidentally pee'd in their DRYsuit on a dive by thinking they were in a wetsuit when they pee'd?" !

On my first couple of dry dives I kept thinking "Don't Pee".

Oh My Gosh! On my very first drysuit dive...after 200+ wetsuit dives, where I DID flow with regularity, I could've sworn I had gone...and I was at one of those DUI Dog Day Events, where they allow you to try theirs for free...
I was so relieved that I hadn't when I stripped down!

PennyPUE, we so have GOT to dive and meet one of these days...not in that order...but we gotts do it!

Let it flow , let it flow , let it flow .

Just dont do it with a drysuit , unless you have the hookup going.

dhampton82:
Ok, I have seen alot of threads lately about if you do/should or dont/shouldnt pee in your wet suit, so I thought maybe we need a poll on this one to answer this question......

People that rent wetsuits.......get ready, this might make you need to buy your own!!!

You know what kills me, is that 23 % of the surveyed chose to lie. :shakehead DON'T TELL ME you don't pee your suit!!! It's a natural mammalian reflex, ya get yer face submerged, your gonna pee yer kilt! Alright (I KNOW your mad now, come on, have at:eyebrow: , but keep it polite lest the moderators give usa good chewing out). :no

fabasard:
You know what kills me, is that 23 % of the surveyed chose to lie. :shakehead DON'T TELL ME you don't pee your suit!!! It's a natural mammalian reflex, ya get yer face submerged, your gonna pee yer kilt!
Hmm. I was watching Nature the other night and they had film of bears going in and out of streams and lakes. I wonder if they pee when they get in the water? I guess it's on the lines of "Does a bear ***** in the woods?" :rofl3:

OMG.... I can't believe this thread has been revived! Too funny, cause I LOVE reading it!

And YES, I pee in my suit! And, I'm proud to say I do! Keeps me warmer! LOL

TIP: Do not eat asparagus before diving, you cannot flush the smell out of your wetsuit.

PRO: The resulting smell gets you extra space on the diveboat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom