Peeing in a semi-dry wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flush your suit before getting out of the water and drink fewer diuretics before diving, your pee will be less smelly.

I'm probably mistaken about the 5mm Reactive being a semi-dry suit. What IS a semi-dry suit then?
A semi-dry suit has additional seal materials are the neck/shoulders, wrists, and ankles to minimize water transfer.
A semi dry suit is a dry suit. A semi dry wetsuit is a wet suit.
No, a semi-dry is wet. No other way around it.

You don't need a pee valve, but there is an alternative solution.

Use a condom catheter connected to some tubing that is long enough to come out the bottom of the suit. You may need to experiment with the tubing to ensure that it does not get compressed to prevent the flow when you pee.

Sure is, that 10 seconds of warm exhilaration, is other world like, heaven, in my semi dry I flush it
but if I am feeling a little untoward a bit apprehensive, a few staples through the foreskin does it

It's not that I mind peeing in the suit. It's just yuch when I'm getting out of the lake and taking it off and having to rinse me and the suit before getting in the car, all compounded if the air temp is cold.

You don't rinse the suit out. You put it in a tightly sealed tote, leave it in the trunk of your car for a week, then ask your dive buddy to reach in the tote and hand you your suit.

Although less conventional, but pvalves can be installed on semi drys

Why was the pee getting into your booties, do you tuck the wetsuit legs into the booties? I understand some folks do that, but most folks have the wetsuit legs outside the booties.

And yes, I pee in my wetsuit. What I generally do is sometime before I get out of the water, I break the seal at my face (I have an attached hood) and allow water to enter and hopefully flush the suit.

If you are not wanting to pee in your semi-dry wetsuit then just install a relief zipper in the appropriate area and don't pee in your semi-dry wetsuit.

Why was the pee getting into your booties, do you tuck the wetsuit legs into the booties? I understand some folks do that, but most folks have the wetsuit legs outside the booties.

And yes, I pee in my wetsuit. What I generally do is sometime before I get out of the water, I break the seal at my face (I have an attached hood) and allow water to enter and hopefully flush the suit.
Yes. I put the seal inside the high top booties, then zip the outside part of the wetsuit on the outside of the booties. I'll have to try it without the seal on the inside.

Good idea about the pre-exit flush.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom