The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for all your great advise. After reading several other postings on this board, I ended up ordering the Suunto Vytec from LP....should have it by the end of the week.

I think LP is very reliable - I've bought my Cobra and Oceanic Slimline Octo from them. No problems with either so far after 30+ dives. Spoke with them on the phone after receiving the Cobra and they assured me that all problems are covered by their warranty.

I have bought gear from them and diveinn with no problems, but I research what I buy before I buy it as well.... both have been very dependable.... diveinn's prices have increased a little. I think it is due to the weakness of the dollar right now... I once bought a TX50 from them for $145 due to the strength of the dollar to the euro.... that is about 1/3rd of the price at my LDS...

I have never had them change a battery in a computer with them.. I think user changeable batteries is always the way to go!

:rolleyes:

I bought everything except my scubapro regulator from them. My wetsuit had a bad seam, so they sent it back to mfg. for repair. After a month they hadn't gotten it back so they gave me a new suit.

I bought the (recently discontinued) Oceanic DataTrans from them and it seems fine.

Charlie...

They have got Mares volo fin that I have been looking at for about $50 less then any other dealer I have seen. Anyone with a bad experience or are they really what they advertise?

Thanks,
Rich

So far I can say only good things about LP.
... and there's a lot of threads on this topic ;-)

khel

I actually bought my Mares Volo from LP and I love them. Most people who are weary of online buying are so because of warranty issues. In my opinion, however, with an item such as fins that will have zero maintenance in the future there are no worries in buying over the internet.

I got this from one of the local dive storeowners in response to me pointing out the large discrepancy in price between LP and his store ($60).

"It is my understanding that Leisure Pro is NOT an authorized Mares dealer. The fins would not be warranted. They must have been purchased illegally and are sold at below the manufacturer's minimum selling price. As an authorized dealer we would lose our ability to carry the line, if we sell any product below the minimum selling price that the manufacturer has set. From what I've been told, Leisure Pro tends to use products like this just to piss off manufacturer's that won't sell to them."

Probably not much of a warrantee issue with fins but what the local guy offers that LP doesn't is an absolute return policy. If for any reason I am not happy with the gear I buy at his place he takes it back and gets me into something else. Maybe worth the difference? Also would rather spend my $ locally if possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom