The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most dive shop employees/owners have never laid hands/eyes on a set of manifolded doubles let alone assembled them.

Why can't you tighten them yourself?

I suppose there are a lot of things I don't understand in the dive industry but I sure don't understand any one who has a need for doubles who can't put em together.

Stick with LP, but think about ditching the doubles.

I also bought my Volo fins from LP. The fins were brand new and they are awesome. The people at LP are very helpful, and they are a good company. I have just ordered bcd, reg, octo, gauges, and mask from them. So i will tell you what i think about the stuff when i get it in. My LDC gave me a quote of over $200+ dollars for the volo fins. That is insane! I was very pleased with them.

rakamin once bubbled...
"They must have been purchased illegally..."
Yeah right. From the guy on the corner selling hot scuba gear huh. A whole warehouse full.

Don't mean to be sarcastic, but that's just the dive shop griping about LeisurePro.

It does suck though (for the local dive shops) that suppliers will only sell to them with minimum orders, pricing and discount restraints, etc, yet companies like LeisurePro magically get their hands on gear without having to observe such policies. In an ideal world, dive shops could order any quantity from any manufacturer, and set their own prices independantly. It just isn't so in the real world. This is an argument that has been beaten to death, but keeps coming up.

LP buys their stuff from authorized wholesellers in Europe where competition rules are much tougher than in the States. That's 2 reasons for lower prices.

In the States, LDS's buy their stuff directly from the manufacturers so they don't have any leverage to negotiate volume discounts (unlike a wholeseller) because they only buy a few items at the time.

I hear someone is starting a buying coop in SoCal. That may change things in the near future...

Arnaud once bubbled...
LP buys their stuff from authorized wholesellers in Europe where competition rules are much tougher than in the States. That's 2 reasons for lower prices.

In the States, LDS's buy their stuff directly from the manufacturers so they don't have any leverage to negotiate volume discounts (unlike a wholeseller) because they only buy a few items at the time.

I hear someone is starting a buying coop in SoCal. That may change things in the near future...

I am told that one of the reasons why LP's stuffs are so cheap, because they among other buy their stuffs from bankrupt dive shops. They go around the world searching for these, that's whay they cannot give warranty.

Indodive once bubbled...

I am told that one of the reasons why LP's stuffs are so cheap, because they among other buy their stuffs from bankrupt dive shops. They go around the world searching for these, that's whay they cannot give warranty.

How do you guys come up with this stuff?

Indodive once bubbled...

Yep, heard that before - and all I can say Muahahaha :D :D :D

khel

Thanks for all the feedback. Seems like LP is a good deal if you know you will be happy with the goods. Otherwise they have a strict no return policy if not new (as in already gotten wet).

Thanks,
Rich

Indodive once bubbled...

I always figured that's what "going out of business" and "closing down" sales were for :D

They probably source some of their gear in this fashion, but if they searched the world for such gear, then they'd probably be able to get Apeks regs in DIN from somewhere. Which they can't.

I have bought LP and diverdiscount.com and from my lds, and i have to say my online experiences have been far better.
1. everything comes with a warrenty
2. they did not ship an item one time, I called cust service it was overnighted to me no problem.
3. I have a cracked fin from my lds, they have yet to replace it.
I am all for supporting my lds and love thier sea stories and advice, but sometimes I just cant afford them. but what it come down to is what are you compfortable doing and spending. Hope this helps...
GET WET SOON!!!

Back
Top Bottom