The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LP will replace them if they break, just like Mares will.

If you buy them and hate them, then, well... shoulda bought some Jets or something :wink:

And there's always eBay. With LP prices you can sometimes make a profit there.

I ordered my Mares Volo fins from Leisure Pro in March. Not only were they almost $70 cheaper than my local dive chain, they were at least $50 cheaper than any other internet site I could find, so I had to risk it. They came in full manufacturer's packaging, with warranty cards, etc.

I bought several items before my last trip, some on the internet and some locally. My Mares fins were the best purchase I made! I had been using my old Mares Plana Avantis for 6 years. I hated to replace them because they are white and really easy to see under water. But the Volos are so much better! Go for it!

sapphire

I also bought several things from LP in the past. However I never had any problems with any of the equipments I bought from them so I don't have any personal experience on their customer service. Saying that, if you search the old threads here, many people have dealt with their customer service for various reasons and most seemed to be very satisfied. I don't know how or where they get their stuffs from. A friend bought a dive com from them and there is no serial number on it! However she made sure that she sent in the registration form back to LP for LP warranty so there should be no problem.
I do try to support local stores when I can but certain local stores are on my black list from previous bad experiences. If that happen, then I have absolutely no problems buying items that they carry via LP instead :)

Have made a handful of purchases from LP, and have been completely pleased with them. I also bought Volos from them and they're great! I buy my life support gear (BC, regs, etc.) from my LDS, but as others have pointed out, this is a very expensive activity, and I only have a set amount of money to spend. We live in a tough economy now, so I'll save where I can reasonably can.

Great place... I have never had any problems. I bought a reg from them and 6 months after I blew a HP seat.. they replaced it within 7 days ... better than my LDS can do!!

check out scubastore.com also.. no problems there either.
"It is my understanding that Leisure Pro is NOT an authorized Mares dealer. The fins would not be warranted. They must have been purchased illegally and are sold at below the manufacturer's minimum selling price. As an authorized dealer we would lose our ability to carry the line, if we sell any product below the minimum selling price that the manufacturer has set. From what I've been told, Leisure Pro tends to use products like this just to piss off manufacturer's that won't sell to them."

Whatever... this is dive shop propoganda... why would you care? great fins at a great price with the backing of a good company, that is good for the consumer! the rest is just politics....

Leisure pro sells the same gear at better prices... period.. the rest is dive industry politics. My LDS can't even tighten the knobs on my doubles correctly... and they say leisure pro is ripping people off.....

:coke:

BIGJC once bubbled...
Leisure pro sells the same gear at better prices... period.. the rest is dive industry politics. My LDS can't even tighten the knobs on my doubles correctly... and they say leisure pro is ripping people off.....

:coke:

So what's your point?

Same gear, different service....same issue, different day. :)

Not sure who the "they" is that you say state that LP is ripping people off....I've never heard it from anyone. (and, of course, I'm well traveled and have heard from a reasonable cross-section of divers....NOT!)

Back
Top Bottom