The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey Kev

did the sides fall off the Castor ?? someone told me the structure is falling down is that true ??

The wheelhouse and the fo'c's'le (forecastle) remain very intact but the both sides of cargo hold have collapsed. This ship has led a pretty stressful life underwater. One of the hurricanes pushed it about 200 yards south of its original location about 5 years ago.

hey Kev

did the sides fall off the Castor ?? someone told me the structure is falling down is that true ??

The sides of the cargo area did, but the entire superstructure and bow are intact and seem to be stable.

I've already warned Kevin, but I'm hoping to be in his neighborhood during Christmas and may be able to finally dive on his boat. My SCUBA diving nephew Davis is graduating from the U. of Miami then and I'm planning to visit Mom in Sarasota and drive over for the occasion.

Cool!

Hey, I'll certainly let you (Kevin and Carmen) know... as well as all my other friends and enemies in SoFlo.

So who besides my wife and I is diving with Kev July 4 weekend?

Can we make one of the dives be the Castor Kev?

-- Martin

Deepstops as Mike says "everyone is your friend".:D

We had a great day today, despite a little chop. Thanks for being so flexible Kevin! Our newest OW diver to be had a great time and will most likely be back again. We are really looking fwd to Lauderdale by the the Sea to finish up his cert dives tomorrow.

Brian, maybe we can dive again later in July? I'll bring something to eat this time and nothing customs would have an issue with. I am out of commission with another work related course July 11-17. Sometime after would work well. Scuba Dude are you in too?

Deepstops as Mike says "everyone is your friend".:D

We had a great day today, despite a little chop. Thanks for being so flexible Kevin! Our newest OW diver to be had a great time and will most likely be back again. We are really looking fwd to Lauderdale by the the Sea to finish up his cert dives tomorrow.

Brian, maybe we can dive again later in July? I'll bring something to eat this time and nothing customs would have an issue with. I am out of commission with another work related course July 11-17. Sometime after would work well. Scuba Dude are you in too?

I'm in. :D
Let's put a date on it. DebbyDiver and I were talking tonight and she wants to do a four tanker to see how much BT she can get with her shiny new nitrox card.

FairWaterDiver and I made the short drive up to Boynton for a trip with Kev on Saturday morning. We had a great time, as always, with flat seas and 81* water temps. I'd estimate vis at ~ 40' which is off a little and probably due to the westerly winds from last week.

We had a full trip with six divers and since there were no special requests we decided on a wreck/reef trip.

Unfortunately we arrived at the Capt Tony and found boats already tied up on the wrecks. A bit disappointing but we called an audible and headed over to Clubhouse for the first dive. The current was running pretty strong which made for a quick 75 minute drift dive.

The calm seas and beautiful weather made for a nice surface interval as we headed up to Gazebo. The current seemed a little lighter but still moved along quickly enough to make a nice drift. Now for the bad news - we found this LionFish hanging out on Gazebo. Unforunately we didn't have anything to safely kill this invasive fish but we identified the location and have it on good authority that it will be dealt with.

IMG_5058_edited-1.jpg

A couple other pics Lisa captured from the dives.

IMG_5042_edited-1.jpg

Slate-Pencil Urchin?

IMG_5060_edited-1.jpg

I especially like the color and texture on the macro shot of this Anemone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom